Cyclists.....

Man u should see the cyclists in spain my god u no how they drive! u should see the spicks on a bike with there hyper global colour spandex pants on not a pretty site the roads arnt the best here so your doing 100 easy and u have to violently brake because u have pot holes the size of geordie slapper thats 40 year and a **** cyclist in the middle of the road its not on ban them around the world!

smitch said:
****** should be.

I wouldn't take the risk if i was a cyclist, i don't think it would do my car much damage if i hit one but i don't think Lycra would fair too well against tarmac.

Selfish, self important, ignorant tossers.

Well i'm a cyclist so I take that comment quite personally seeing as tho you seem to think we're all the same :mad:

Altho I also can't stand roadies that wear lycra cos like everybody says, they seem to want to ride in big groups & hog every road possible making it impossible for everybody else to get passed :mad:

When I go out on my mountain bike I try stay off the road as much as possible for a couple of reasons

1) riding on the road is no where near as much fun as hurtlin down thro some steep woods at 20-30mph narrowly missin trees etc :arco:

2) C*nts in cars that insist drivin about 6" off my handlbars whilst passin me :mad: I always try stay as close to the kerb as I can, have a very good & expensive set of lights & most of my jackets etc have reflective strips or patches on them.

Oh & BTW I don't wear lycra & when i'm out on the MTBs with my mates we always ride in single file, even tho by law we can actually ride 2 abreast. I also have 3rd party & theft insurance for my bike. Only costs about £120 per yr. Which isn't bad as my bike is worth £3k

I had a guy a few yrs ago who actually started to overtake me as I was going around some parked cars on a narrow road cos he couldn't be ***** waiting :rolleyes:

He blew his horn & gave me loads of abuse so I gave him a few hand signals back :) He slammed his brakes on & got out to have a go.

The best thing was that cos i'm only 5' 5" & at a glance I can look younger when i've got my crash hat & shades on so he prob thought I was a youngster.

I was about 28 at the time so the shock on his face when I dropped my bike, took the crash hat off & started to stomp towards him was priceless!! :scared2:

He prob thought "oh f*ck!! He doesn't look 15 anymore!!" Not with the skinhead, muscles & tattoes!!"

I gave the tw*t a right mouthful :) The d*ck even said it was illegal to ride on the road & I should be on the pavement!!

Imagine that, i'm doing 30+mph on the pavement & I knock over an old lady or a toddler. Police turn up asking why I was on the kerb & I say "cos some nice older man said it was illegal for me to ride on the road!!"

Whenever i'm out on my bike I always get some tw*t drivin too close. Even had a car full of idiots actually slow down so the passenger could hang out of the window & punch me on the arm as they passed. 3 lads & 2 lasses, all in their teens!!

I went f*ckin berserk!! Pedalled like mad to try catch them. I had a nice long metal bike pump stickin out of the top of my backpack ready to smash his forearm with if he tried it again.

If they'd have stopped & got out i would've just riden the bike as fast as I could straight into them. Then the pump & 9yrs of freestyle kickboxin would have done the rest :aggressive:

Instead the f*ckers just kept their speed slightly above mine so I couldn't catch up. Can still see oall their spooty tw8t teen faces laughin out of the back window as I was pedallin like a mad man tryin to catch up!!

Craig :cool:

nivagh said:
Gotta say that owning a racer myself a certain amount of weaving is indeed a requirement on many roads due to the state of the potholes, drains, manhole covers and other general detritis lying in the road.

Give a cyclist an extra metre and they will probably be grateful - if you pass a cyclist at 60mph the air pressure between the car and the cyclist is low enough to pull them in towards the car - have had a couple of iffy moments due to inconsiderate drivers.

Yes I'm opening myself up to getting flamed here, but I will generally pootle along at about 25 on my bike - even if you have to ease off a little to manage passing me at a safer point in the road, is it really going to ruin your day more than having to stop when you knock somebody into the gutter?

(That said, if you spot somebody cycling on a pavement / jumping a red light / failing to stop at a pedestrian crossing / going the wrong way up a one way street, feel free to hurl abuse, apple cores, etc.)

I see the point you are making but, with respect, it's aload of crap!

Why should people who pay road tax give any room, never mind an extra metre, to anyone that doesn't?! If you use the road, with whatever medium, you should pay tax! Also why don't cyclists need insurance? Is it not possible that a cyclist may cause an accident and damage your car?

****** me off when you see cyclists who get to a red light, then jump up onto the curb, across the pedestrian walkway, then back onto the road on the other side of the traffic lights!

And while we are at it, MOPEDS! AAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH! It's just the sound - so annoying!

IDUA3 said:

Why should people who pay road tax give any room, never mind an extra metre, to anyone that doesn't?! If you use the road, with whatever medium, you should pay tax! Also why don't cyclists need insurance? Is it not possible that a cyclist may cause an accident and damage your car?

****** me off when you see cyclists who get to a red light, then jump up onto the curb, across the pedestrian walkway, then back onto the road on the other side of the traffic lights!

And while we are at it, MOPEDS! AAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH! It's just the sound - so annoying!

I agree with your latter points but I think you're the one talking crap on the first one.

I tax and insure three cars. Does that entitle me to all three lanes of the M1 when I'm on it 'As I've paid three times to use it?' I think not.

Don't you think that most people over the age of 17 who have a bike also have a car so already paying to use the road? And the journey they are making could have been made using a car instead leading to more town centre congestion and pollution?

You are also being very unfair on the under 17s. I can remember the amount of freedom I felt when I got my first proper bike and my parents were happy for me to ride off with my mates. Remember as a kid you are reliant on 'mum and dads taxi' or public transport (which is almost non-existent away from town centres) to get anywhere. Having just a simple bike allows so much freedom and is all part of the growing up process.

Anyway, I agree with you that:
Cyclists should have third party insurance (and if you are a member of any club or organisation, chances are you'll have it as part of your membership)
People should be given fines for riding on the pavement and through red lights. That is my biggest hate in London - I've only ever seen one person stopped by the police for doing it.
Mopeds are evil

And one of my own - wearing of cycle helmets should be mandatory like it is in Australia.

I'd prefer if cyclists aren't on the roads... but look at it this way, a person on a bike, is a person not on a horse!

I actually dont mind horses! The times i've come across them they waved me past on a straight bit of road and the 5 mins hold up wasnt inconvient really. I dont mind most cyclists either really, just the groups of the lycra brigade clogging up the roads like they are on the ****** tour de France!!! All people on the road should have insurance too! Too many ******* smashing about and hitting people, that includes children too because they seem to spend most of there time in the road! Little ********.

jcs356 said:
I agree with your latter points but I think you're the one talking crap on the first one.

I tax and insure three cars. Does that entitle me to all three lanes of the M1 when I'm on it 'As I've paid three times to use it?' I think not.

Don't you think that most people over the age of 17 who have a bike also have a car so already paying to use the road? And the journey they are making could have been made using a car instead leading to more town centre congestion and pollution?

You are also being very unfair on the under 17s. I can remember the amount of freedom I felt when I got my first proper bike and my parents were happy for me to ride off with my mates. Remember as a kid you are reliant on 'mum and dads taxi' or public transport (which is almost non-existent away from town centres) to get anywhere. Having just a simple bike allows so much freedom and is all part of the growing up process.

Anyway, I agree with you that:
Cyclists should have third party insurance (and if you are a member of any club or organisation, chances are you'll have it as part of your membership)
People should be given fines for riding on the pavement and through red lights. That is my biggest hate in London - I've only ever seen one person stopped by the police for doing it.
Mopeds are evil

And one of my own - wearing of cycle helmets should be mandatory like it is in Australia.

ok you insure 3 cars, so does that give you the entitlement to use all 3 lanes of the M1 as you have paid 3 times to use it? - errr well yes it does, you could only insure one car and have that entitlement.Everyone does! Also you can't drive 3 at once can you?!

people who ride bikes most probably insure/tax there car so should be allowed to ride bikes on the road without tax? - ok, maybe they do, but we tax the vehicles not people, a bike is a vehicle isn't it? So in my eyes, it should require tax and insurance!

IDUA3 said:
ok you insure 3 cars, so does that give you the entitlement to use all 3 lanes of the M1 as you have paid 3 times to use it? - errr well yes it does, you could only insure one car and have that entitlement.Everyone does! Also you can't drive 3 at once can you?!
I agree, I'd be doing well to drive all three at the same time :idea:
IDUA3 said:
people who ride bikes most probably insure/tax there car so should be allowed to ride bikes on the road without tax? - ok, maybe they do, but we tax the vehicles not people, a bike is a vehicle isn't it? So in my eyes, it should require tax and insurance!
OK, so how to you propose to tax bicycles? Given that a 'conservative' estimate is that 10% of powered vehicles - something like 3million - aren't taxed or insured. And that is working with what is supposed to be a database of every vehicle and every driver, and a system that sees untaxed and uninsured vehicles crushed.

How would that work for bikes where we don't even know how many there are in the country?

I f**king hate cyclists, in the same way i hate horses on the roads. You can seldom get past the buggers in the cities (Cyclists) They should all be on the pavement.

A Cyclist's risk to a padestrian is less of that than a Car is to a cyclist!

bloke of pistonheads said:
Given the number of near misses I used to Witness around Bank caused by cyclists rolling through red lights and attempting to run over pedestrians, I am not surprised that more are not killed (if only by irate pedestrians, a few months ago I saw a cyclist chased down the road, pulled off his bike and punched and kicked, after said cyclist actually aimed for the bloke who was crossing under a green man, then swerved round and missed him at the last second, but he almost hit a pregnant woman in the process. Bloke who chased and hit I don't think even knew the pregnant woman, but I wished him well kicking seven shades out of the lycra clad loon).

:applaus:

I've no problem with any cyclist that obeys the rules of the road but that seldom happens (especially in london) I've nearly been wiped out a couple of times by cyclists going through red lights and riding on pavements

plus you can be almost 100% sure they have no insurance of any kind

IDUA3 said:

On a bicycle you emit no carbon monoxide, carbon, soot, unpleasant fumes, etc. and you don't damage the road surface. Why then should you pay a road tax? I pay my income tax and council taxes; that pays for the roads in my area. My car is taxed based on the amount of CO2 it emits - I don't know how many grammes of CO2 my body emits per kilometer, but it's probably not measurable! :)

So you get held up for twenty seconds whilst waiting for a safe place to pass. Is that going to ruin your day? compared to how much it would ruin your day to lose hours when you knock somebody off their bike and have to get the police involved?

that advert rocks im so going to try that one! will probably break my engine mounts doing it but it would be worth it...