CV joints.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
On a mission to find a pair of half-decent outer cv joints and it seems to be a bit of a minefield getting the right ones to fit.
Has anyone else tried these ones.
I have cross-ref part numbers and specs and they seem to be correct, just thinking quality wise.

Last edited:
Ive had gsp inners before and quickly replaced for skf ones as they never cured my vibration issue some years ago, all was fixed after using skf.
As for outers im sure i have ones from ECP fitted, QDrive and from memory 100mm or so, also i think i used stretchy boots rather than what came in the kit.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I'm a bit undecided about whether to go with complete shafts or just outer joints.
To be fair the OEM inners all seem ok not loose or rattling which kinda swings towards just doing the outers.
I fitted a new pair of complete shafts not that long ago and they failed within a year or so, whereas the OEM ones apart from the outer joints appear still serviceable.

Last edited:
I've ordered a pair of Apec shafts (left and right handed) on the recommendation of my brother in law, they fit them all the time at his work apparently.
Having them fitted next Monday, hopefully they will cure the nearside vibration that only started after a new clutch was fitted.

Reactions: Charlie Farley and tr7
I've ordered a pair of Apec shafts (left and right handed) on the recommendation of my brother in law, they fit them all the time at his work apparently.
Having them fitted next Monday, hopefully they will cure the nearside vibration that only started after a new clutch was fitted.

what sort of symptoms are you getting ?
is it lower speed and under acceleration or just all the time.

cheers
rob

I’ve ordered a pair of apec shafts from my local motor factor, will be in this afternoon so will report back over the weekend.

picked up a set this afternoon and they look a lot better quality than the last set I bought from autodoc.
they make my currently fitted cv joints feel like they are falling apart.
hopefully will solve my ongoing issues. :thumbs up:
IMG 6592
IMG 6593

Reactions: Bradderz_1988 and Gmac
picked up a set this afternoon and they look a lot better quality than the last set I bought from autodoc.
they make my currently fitted cv joints feel like they are falling apart.
hopefully will solve my ongoing issues. :thumbs up:
View attachment 265165View attachment 265166
What brand did I you buy form AUTODOC Rob?
Apec don’t have a part in the catalogue for a tiptronic B7. AUTODOC have a few listed but all out of stock.

I previously used autodoc and used there stark brand and they were rubbish.
This time round I used Apec, they have excellent reviews and are priced midway between cheap tat and oem , they have solved my cv joint issues nicely.

I used my local motor factor, and they quoted me a pair of the Apec's complete shafts for around £240 if I recall, and had them ready to collect the same day, brilliant.

What brand did I you buy form AUTODOC Rob?
Apec don’t have a part in the catalogue for a tiptronic B7. AUTODOC have a few listed but all out of stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk