Cv joint

Monkeyboy76

Reaction score
Help. I've got to the point where I need to tap the cv joint of the shaft and I just can't shift it. Any help appreciated as I need to ha tut done today

Matt, you might be thinking of a ball joint splitter there.
I had to do CV boots for MOT recently, I found the best way to remove the joint, was to remove the driveshaft from the car and set it up in a vice to work on. It will probably require quite some force to remove the joint, a 'tap' as it says in Haynes just won't do it!
Be prepared for the balls falling out too, work somehwere well lit and clean so you can find them if they go walkies.
Also, a good time to refurbish the joint itself, give it a good clean up and reinstall with a new boot kit, new grease, circlip and hubnut/bolt.

Not sure how your driveshaft is fixed to the hub, but if its by a long 3 inch bolt you maybe able to screw the bolt back in and pop off the cv joint.
If its like this.

Attachments

• cv loint.jpg
    cv loint.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 71
Thanks for the help chaps. What a b£&@€$d to get off. Had to really knock the sh1t out of only to find I'd been supplied the wrong boot so it's still in the vice at the moment