Cv boot rubber creaking

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
When parking my car slowly turning the wheel, I can hear what can be described as the tyre rubbing against something like a rubber....
Anyway took it to the garage and used the ramp and lifted the car up, turning the wheel by hand (driver side front) (right hand drive car) could not spot anything touching , but it's the cv boot that's creaking.

I turn the wheel and when placing my hand on the cv boot as the wheel is being turned I can hear and feel the creaking through the cv boot..... Never come across this before ever!

Doesn't do it when the wheel is straight only if slightly or fully turned left or right.
Cv boot looks 100% perfect and has no splits, cracks or anything, had the car a year and noticed this last week.

If I try to move the cv boot by hand by trying to give it a wiggle, I can hear the creak!
Anyone had this before?

When parking my car slowly turning the wheel, I can hear what can be described as the tyre rubbing against something like a rubber....
Anyway took it to the garage and used the ramp and lifted the car up, turning the wheel by hand (driver side front) (right hand drive car) could not spot anything touching , but it's the cv boot that's creaking.

I turn the wheel and when placing my hand on the cv boot as the wheel is being turned I can hear and feel the creaking through the cv boot..... Never come across this before ever!

Doesn't do it when the wheel is straight only if slightly or fully turned left or right.
Cv boot looks 100% perfect and has no splits, cracks or anything, had the car a year and noticed this last week.

If I try to move the cv boot by hand by trying to give it a wiggle, I can hear the creak!
Anyone had this before?
Sorry.... Car is a 2015 s3

Same issue on my wifes E tron. Noisy cv boot. spray it with wd40 and its gone for a short while. Nothing else can be done about it

Reactions: vw754
Try silicone grease spray instead of WD40. If it still does it change the CV boot if it's that bad and really annoying you.

Friend had the same issue on his Vectra VXR and ended up fitting a brand new CV boot as he tried everything and it still did it!!!