CV boot fitment question.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Afternoon chaps.
Been under the old bus to remove the problematic drive shaft ready to fit a new boot etc , in the process I noticed the inner boot on the offside shaft has torn aswell , not Fridays episode.
The outers are in stock at most parts outlet but none of them list the inners , is it the same part by some chance or dealer specific .
Seems sensible to replace all 4 boots now given two are a bin job already.
Any input would be greatfully received

rob

Afternoon chaps.
Been under the old bus to remove the problematic drive shaft ready to fit a new boot etc , in the process I noticed the inner boot on the offside shaft has torn aswell , not Fridays episode.
The outers are in stock at most parts outlet but none of them list the inners , is it the same part by some chance or dealer specific .
Seems sensible to replace all 4 boots now given two are a bin job already.
Any input would be greatfully received

rob
I have a boot at home, ill check the number once i get home, i changed the inner joint a few days ago and didn't use the new boot.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

The inners are different as they are shaped to suit the joint cup thingymajig in pic.

Attachments

• IMG-20181020-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20181020-WA0002.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 79
Reactions: Charlie Farley
The inner boot part number.
9e8eaf95f27dd0b2b4a55b94288d855d.jpg

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Thanks guys, great info as per norm.
It would seem uk stock of the inner boots is very much like hens teeth , just none to be found, plenty online sources overseas .

I've ordered two outers from ECP and will be in tomorrow , inners I've tracked down a pair of universal boots , same shape and size etc as the oem except they can fitted on the inner joint by using the original shaped ring part of the old ones as an adapter ring, not 100% best method but they have good reviews and other than using a part of the old one they seem to be a good plan.