cutting out

sohaib2005

Reaction score
Website
n
hi guys do not often post on here as car has been fine but today when i pull up at the lights to stop car just cuts out. and now will not start the revs just drop and it stops. you need to keep reving the car for it to stay on cant even start it in neutral!!!! 2000 a4 1.8t guys can you help.

I had a similar problem on my 2.8Q, turned out it was the water pump seizing up, putting too much load on the engine at idle and causing it to stall. Luckily it was leaking slightly so had it replaced and everything was back to normal.
Not saying this is the problem you have as it could be any number of different things, but something to bear in mind as if completely seizes it'll take your cambelt and most of your valves with it.

thanks for that guys

temp gauge is fine mate had the cambelt done 3000 miles ago was told mine is not water pump driven. !!!!!!! anyone els got any ideas would really appreciate it.

I think they lied to you. As far as I know all 1.8T's have the waterpump driven by the cambelt. Anyone know any different?

nice one guys hope its fine cus the car is a minter. anymore help will be appreciated.