Cut roof- what's the best option?

Danieljwright

Reaction score
May have posted this twice, my bad, I am a newbie Hello, I have always wanted a A4 B6 cabriolet, finally got one, I bought it cheap with a cut roof, I am after opinions on weather to replace the whole roof from eBay or replace the canvas?
Where to buy?
Is it a DIY job?

Thanks

Personally, I would replace the entire roof.

I owned a 2004 B6 S4 Cabriolet, with a ripped hood. It was easier for me to replace the roof complete. I purchased a roof off eBay, fitted it myself, and had it professionally cleaned.

It's not a super easy job, but as long as you're methodical in your approach, it's not too bad. I'd replaced 2 B6 Cabriolet roofs in the past, working at an Audi dealership, so I suppose that helped.

Reactions: DrStrange
Thanks for that, would be good to find a step by step guide, I have done a lot with engines but nothing with electric soft top. I suppose it's worth a go just for the £300-£400 saving.

I owned a 2004 B6 S4 Cabriolet, with a ripped hood. It was easier for me to replace the roof complete. I purchased a roof off eBay, fitted it myself, and had it professionally cleaned.

It's not a super easy job, but as long as you're methodical in your approach, it's not too bad. I'd replaced 2 B6 Cabriolet roofs in the past, working at an Audi dealership, so I suppose that helped.
Do you have any tips on replacing it, do you have to mark positions or does the roof have to be in a certain place to take off? Thanks

probably best to watch a you tube tutorial, then you can visualise it
I have looked but I can't seem to find one, I would of thought there must be a how to guide on it, somewhere surely. Thanks.

When I did mine, I pretty much re-learnt as I went along. The 2 I'd replaced at Audi had been done over 6 years ago at this point, so I couldn't really remember all I'd done at this point.

Just Incase there is any interest I bought a mint complete roof off eBay and just swapped the Canvas took me 3 hours, quite an easy job.

Hi,
Can you tell me if after replace the complete roof is necessary to make some settings with VCDS or is just plug and play?

Thank you very much