Reaction score
48C9F825 9BB3 41FE A212 916C71F213CF
6D4B1F96 95F7 4731 B745 F2D90788A880
791F1105 23FD 472B 8A10 19B842AB6A6A
A8C11D28 1DFE 4486 96E2 B1274D6AC485

Reactions: James.c, IamCerberus and seanbeckerleg
What did that cost you and can you share a link to all the bits please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A friend of mine did it for me, he is planning on making a few and selling them if he gets interest.

7274EF3D 4DB9 496D 84A5 BC514A7A7A91

That was part way through the build.
We are planning more with maybe forced induction at some point plus he wants to make one out of titanium.

If that's a metal pipe expect it to get ridiculously hot and send your air temps entering the turbo pretty high. Pipe needs to be made of carbon or low emissivity plastic etc

If that's a metal pipe expect it to get ridiculously hot and send your air temps entering the turbo pretty high. Pipe needs to be made of carbon or low emissivity plastic etc
Standard pipe is metal and many other after market pipes are metal, if I see high temps I can just make a heat shield.
I’m not planning on driving around a track so heat isn’t really going to effect it or the way I use it.

Standard pipe is metal and many other after market pipes are metal, if I see high temps I can just make a heat shield.
I’m not planning on driving around a track so heat isn’t really going to effect it or the way I use it.
Standard piping is heat resistant plastic. Many aftermarket intakes are cheap and make piping out of metal, because it's cheaper.
Actually on a track it would not be too bad since there is constant high velocity airflow so it stays cooler. Its during daily driving where the engine bay heats up, traffic, low rpm low intake velocity this is where the intake will heat up and heat the air travelling through it.
I'd suggest wrapping it in heat reflective gold foil or the like.

Reactions: D0C
I was talking to the Revo development guys the other week and they were explaining the design of their carbon fibre intake. The time they have spent developing and testing it was incredible... I'd be more inclined to get something like their one, albeit it is very expensive.

Looks good and given that 2.5 golf r running 900bhp has an open cone filter of similar design it obviously works