Currently optional safety systems made standard in 2021

They should just make the driving test a lot harder to get. Half those systems would not be needed if people learned how to drive properly and with a bit of courtesy.
all those systems will create a generation of idiots on the roads that rely on technology to get around.
That’s just coming from someone who took their test without traction control and abs etc. Don’t think I even had an airbag. :wink:

Reactions: DW81, Ron240, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Accident data recorder will be interesting, hack the speed limiter, throw it through a hedge going too fast...........insurance company says no. I am assuming most people have sped somewhere in a 60mph zone rural road?

Hard to imagine speed limited cars when at the moment most manufacturers seem keen to impress us all with 300bhp+ easy to drive small hatchbacks.
Might keep my 2014 S3 even longer.

p.s. I used to remove my airbag steering wheels and replace with a momo racing steering wheel, beautiful thing.

Reactions: Ormesome
Accident data recorder will be interesting, hack the speed limiter, throw it through a hedge going too fast...........insurance company says no. I am assuming most people have sped somewhere in a 60mph zone rural road?

Hard to imagine speed limited cars when at the moment most manufacturers seem keen to impress us all with 300bhp+ easy to drive small hatchbacks.
Might keep my 2014 S3 even longer.

p.s. I used to remove my airbag steering wheels and replace with a momo racing steering wheel, beautiful thing.

Volvo is starting to limit their cars to 112mph. Japs have been doing that for decades now so it’s nothing new.

Auto brakes are just so **** on my car at least, regularly slams on the brakes when it sees a leaf etc float past. Almost neck snapping in its ferocity + unexpected too so a double whammy. If it couldn't be turned off or not optioned I'd be well hacked off.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Our cars already flatter the driver with all the ESP stuff. Some now even spec systems so the car drives at the speed of the traffic in front, brakes/sets off itself in stop start traffic - and keeps itself in the white lines on the motorway.
All the fun will soon be gone. 'Drivers' will have so little to do they may as well climb in the back seat, shut their eyes and make use of the optional foot massagers.

Also imho all this "dumbing down" is not good for the human species, many people already seem thick as pig **** unable to think for themselves.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DW81 and AlS3BE
I love auto lights/ wipers/ gear changes / even Cruise Control but past that NO I want enough tasks to keep me awake when I am driving.

Reactions: Terminator x, AlS3BE and Phutters
AIS3BE - You miss my point, the regs are to prevent speeding by using the existing tech to know where the car is and therefore be able to apply a speed limit...........not a top end generic speed limiter. In your scenario you could still do 112mph on a rural 60mph road whereas in the EU scenario you will only be able to do above 60mph.
The future is very nearly here.

Reactions: Ormesome
AIS3BE - You miss my point, the regs are to prevent speeding by using the existing tech to know where the car is and therefore be able to apply a speed limit...........not a top end generic speed limiter. In your scenario you could still do 112mph on a rural 60mph road whereas in the EU scenario you will only be able to do above 60mph.
The future is very nearly here.

The future sounds crap. Time to buy a classic car that’s quick as well with no tech:wink:

Reactions: Terminator x
The state of Europe is becoming more and more a control state. Tell the people how to live their lives. Isn't this what Hitler wanted to do?

I just hope that everyone who voted remain are happy with these new laws. After all, you voted for them.

At least I now know to buy the best drivers car I can before these new regulations kick it, and make it a keeper.

Tell the people how to live their lives.

Of course! this is what people want! When the people get their own say, they do crazy, uninformed things like vote in favour of Brexit! :friends:

Just kidding mate, let's not start a Brexit debate! Although that's prob where this will go due to it being an EU law!

Reactions: wab172uk