Current S3 Build Week

Spook

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm what build week is currently being quoted by dealers for new S3 orders?

I understand that week 22 is the changeover for the 2008 MY spec, so I am considering timing an order to make sure I get the 2008 spec, hopefully at 2007 MY prices before any increase.

Also, does anybody know, if I did make an order based on 2007 MY spec for delivery after week 22 and some tasty new options appeared in the meantime for 2008 MY, whether the dealer would contact me to update me on the changes and give me an opportunity to change my spec?

Damn. The one my dealer has "reserved" for me is build week 19.

Definitely need to know what changes are going to be made for 2008MY now.

normski said:
Damn. The one my dealer has "reserved" for me is build week 19.

Definitely need to know what changes are going to be made for 2008MY now.
Unlucky. Maybe he can change the build week for you?

The 2008 MY changes are announced mid-May, I understand.

Fortunately, the dealer ordered one in December to take up its allocation, and it is due to be built week 19. I don't have to have this one if I don't want, but if I did it would just put me a bit ahead. It is only week 19 because they haven't got a customers name on it though, as soon as it does it will be accelerated.

May just have to make a new order so I guarantee the new spec.

I don't think the S3 will be changed at all, don't forget its only been out since Jan this year so would be very very surprised if its changed. They may change the A3..

Spoke to my guy at the dealer....he says word is at most it will be a couple of options added to the optional spec such as privacy glass, and possibly colours, such as Misano red that isn't available on the S3 unless you are willing to pay for it.