Current RNS-E Firmware

stevehall

VCDS Map User
Reaction score

What is the current release of firmware for the RNE-E?

I want to know if mine is up to date? - If not how can i update it?

HW: 8E0 035 192 T
Component: RNS-E HIGH EU H75 X---
Revision: 06S

I also notice I have HIGH in the component detail off VAG-COM – what does that mean?

as far as im aware you have to downgrade the firmware first to activate the VIM and then update, i may be wrong but 99% sure this is correct

When that X-- is showing in the RNS-E it's a good sign that someone has half hacked the software for SDS.

Really that should be displaying 0650 for the latest software.

I set the units for downgrade using channel 97, then run the 2005 version 0100 software, you can then hack the the SDS and VIM correctly back up to 0650 and as that is the last ever software it wont be over written.

when i go in car setup and version this comes up

SW: X---
HW: H74
Map: 8P0919884_AA_EUW

can someone tell me why SW is showing "X---" instead of numbers,

but all in all the rnse works perfect, just wondering why it shows that
many thanks

Did you read the post above....

When that X-- is showing in the RNS-E it's a good sign that someone has half hacked the software for SDS.

when i go in car setup and version this comes up

SW: X---
HW: H74
Map: 8P0919884_AA_EUW

can someone tell me why SW is showing "X---" instead of numbers,

but all in all the rnse works perfect, just wondering why it shows that
many thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just noticed this thread and have a question about the SW X ---- showing up.

My newly retrofitted 2005 RNSE is also showing the SW: X ---

I put a genuine Audi 2007 DVD into my RNSE, and it stayed at X ---, I then downgraded using channel 97, the 2007 disc then loaded up again but the SW code stayed as X ---.

So how do you get rid of the X --- and get the current software to load?

Thanks
Phil

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just noticed this thread and have a question about the SW X ---- showing up.

My newly retrofitted 2005 RNSE is also showing the SW: X ---

I put a genuine Audi 2007 DVD into my RNSE, and it stayed at X ---, I then downgraded using channel 97, the 2007 disc then loaded up again but the SW code stayed as X ---.

So how do you get rid of the X --- and get the current software to load?

Thanks
Phil

Thanks Phil you've just saved me 20 minutes sitting in the cold as I was about to go out and do this with mine!

I have read that the only way round these is a new motherboard???!!

If any of the guru's have any more info I'm sure we'd all be very grateful for it :)

My RNS-E was also set to version X-- and it always bugged me that I didn't know exactly what version it was! Mind you, I never realised it could be a good thing with an SDS mod.

One quick check you can do is to see if Altitude is shown within your Nav Satellite details. I believe this was only brought in from version 0650 so if you see Altitude shown then you're on the latest version (or a hacked equivalent)

For me, I followed the same steps as Phil, downgraded the version via VCDS and for some reason (can't remember why) it took 2 attempts to work but on my 2nd attempt it correctly installed 0650. Note: that I was installing 0650 from a dedicated 0650 software upgrade CD and not from a Nav DVD.

So it can definitely be done - no motherboard change required.

Hope that helps

Just checked my unit in Engineering mode (press NAV, then top left for 10 secs, then top right till screen changes) and it is definitely 0650 or 0660 as I have both the altitude and the SDS showing as active.

Thanks

I see that I have SDS but no sign of altitude ..is this not up to date ?