Curious incident of the wipers in the night....

Spacemonkey

Reaction score
So, the other day I noticed the passenger side wiper was missing a big patch in th emiddle of it's screen about halfway through it's path. This got bigger over a few days until nearly all the middle pass of the passenger side was skipped. Now both blades had been making a noise for a while so I decided they needed replacing. Both genuine Audi Aeros newly fitted with new arms about 9 months ago and about 25k so not bad.

Tonight I got around to changing the blades and.... it still does it!! Noise gone I might add and driver's side is perfect. I observed and the blade is clearly arching so that only the ti[ps are in contact at the peak of it's pass. Now the curious bit- if I lift up the driver's side so that the blade arm is perpendicular to the screen and not in contact, the passenger side is perfect and in full contact! The odd thing is that the wiper arms all seem tight and don;t move so what the hell is going on? Has someone done witchcraft on my car?? I shall try to make sure the wiper mechanisms are all secure and tight under the screen tomorrow, but apart from that I'm stumped!

Wiper arm could be bent as per a clients same issue, possibly something is loose, try adjusting the arm minimally.

Wiper arm could be bent as per a clients same issue, possibly something is loose, try adjusting the arm minimally.

Sussed it- the steel right angled bracket that connects the motor to the arms is cracked 75% of the way across the bent part allowing rotational movement in the assembly which lifts the blades off the screen. New one ordered...

Gonan try a temp fix til the new ones arrive using chemical metal to fill the crack.