Curbed alloy !!!!!

Snow-Munki

Reaction score
So annoyed at myself, just popped out and when i parked the kerb was higher than expected with leaves everywhere, so a good 1/3 i'd say has been curbed fairly badly. Can feel the indents.

Too dark to take pictures now, but any ideas how / where i can get them repaired and how much it may be approx ?? Is it normally a set fee ?

Grrrrrrr.

Where are you based mate?
If you're ANYWHERE you can get to Sevenoaks, Kent, go to Diamond Styling. Audi-approved repairer, workmanship is second to none and Paul is a top bloke. Also good value for money. He redid all my rotors on my old car - two of which were chewed to f**k!! - and they came back perfectly.
Good luck!

Reactions: Simon L
So annoyed at myself, just popped out and when i parked the kerb was higher than expected with leaves everywhere, so a good 1/3 i'd say has been curbed fairly badly. Can feel the indents.

Too dark to take pictures now, but any ideas how / where i can get them repaired and how much it may be approx ?? Is it normally a set fee ?

Grrrrrrr.

Bung your general location up mate, one of these diamond geezers will know someone ;)

In Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.

Not sure if mine are the diamond ones, it's the standard s line ones for the A3, um 18'' I think.

Think it's the first time it's happened in over 10 years of driving !!

Yep, those are diamond cut. You can only repaid those a certain number to times I'm afraid

Had one of my diamond cut alloys repaired a few weeks ago at the local Audi dealer - they quoted 110 quid which was the same as independent places I contacted but with the added bonus of a courtesy car while the wheel was being repaired (takes 2 or 3 days to do a diamond cut repair). They don't do the work themselves but the repair was perfect - I had to check the other three wheels to make sure they hadn't been swapped round!

Reactions: Thelma and batch
Wow, that is good. Which Audi garage is that ?

Also can I get away with not repairing it, or do they start to corrode ? Anything I can do to prevent this ?

Wow, that is good. Which Audi garage is that ?

Also can I get away with not repairing it, or do they start to corrode ? Anything I can do to prevent this ?

That was at Reading Audi.

Can't imagine it would corrode, I've left scuffs on wheels on previous cars for years without a problem.

Out of curiosity did they charge you for a courtesy car? Did that to me last time it was in for service

Out of curiosity did they charge you for a courtesy car? Did that to me last time it was in for service

No, and better than that - it took longer than they said it would to repair the wheel so they didn't charge me for that either. Alloy wheel repair + the loan of an A5 for a week - no charge :yes:

Reactions: Thelma and Scottyg
called an independent place ( recommended by Audi ) and they charge £110 + vat. Guess not 'too' bad. Will take a few days so will need to swap over to the spare tyre.

But he said best get it done soonish otherwise it can rust the alloy. Is this true ? As I was going to leave it till spring time as it may happen again in the winter.

Google "alloy white worm".

This is what happens when the lacquer is broken, and water/moisture gets under that layer.

It's best fixed and re-lacquered asap to stop alloy white worm. "Diamond Cut" alloys are particularly susceptible as they have no paint layer to protect the metal.

Hi guys, anyone got any knowledge of a diamond repair guy in or around Aberdeen. All 4 of mine have been damaged due to ****** potholes!