Cupra Splitter, RS4 Fog Grille's and RARB....my visit to Richardesty's

Wrath

Reaction score
Finally managed to visit Richardesty today and it was very productive.

First of all, Mr. Rich's pride and joy:

IMG_59532.jpg

IMG_59542.jpg

An absolutely superb motor, looks damn fine and drives like a dream! My thanks to him for taking me out in it.

Next up, my pride and joy, now with satin black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB and RS4-style Fog Surrounds (which was a bonus):

IMG_59552.jpg

IMG_59662.jpg

And a shot with Richardesty tidying my car up at the front end:

IMG_59592.jpg

Also met W4tkins and had to stop myself drooling over his Z3 :rock:

Many thanks to Rich, had a great day and it was finally good to meet up. Can't wait to see ya again. :sm4:

Some awesome photos there Wrath - any chance of emailing 'em to me? :)

Great to meet you, it's a really tidy ride you've got there!

Hope you're enjoying the twisty bits a little more now :)

Rich

realy like the look of the fog surrounds, I was thinking of something similar to this not long ago, was thinking whether there is much behind the solid part of the fog surround on the outer edge, if not I was thinking of removing and putting mesh across the whole thing but still keep the fogs!

I do like the grill too, but not massive fan of the Cupra Splitter on the S-line bumper, I feel that it looks almost too small under the parts of the bumper that stick out, I am thinking of solving this next year by hopefully purchasing a DTM front bumper, If I can find one for a reasonable price :p

Hope the RS4 RARB works out well for you, I fitted mine out at the nurburgring after doing a couple of laps with the std one, the change made a massive difference to the car!

Adam

Last edited:
looks awrsome mate very nice indead!!!!! id love the grill n fog surrounds for mine

Cheers mate, I'm pretty pleased with it as well :)

It only took Rich about 30 mins to have the fog surrounds done, I was amazed!

EDIT: Beaten too it! The kit is pretty cheap and does make a big difference, the std S-line RARB is 18mm and the RS4 RARB is 24mm! (Or is it 22mm, I can't remember)

Adam

Last edited:
Not sure about a part number, I got my kit (RS4 RARB, bolts, bushes and clamps) from PJMSpeedy on here, £80ish I think, I can not remember the exact price as I got some other bits from him at the time too. Not sure if there are poly bushes, but the standards seem ok, just make sure that when you fit it you keep the weight on the rear axle whilst you tighten everything!

Adam

Seeing as I'm in a good mood:

Seat Cupra R Splitter: 1ML 805 903

For the RS4 RARB:
2 x 8E0 511 439 - clips
1 x 8E0 511 409 AL - bar
2 x 8E0 511 327 D YS4 - bushes
4 x 101 277 07 Z21 - bolts

Cheers mate, I'm pretty pleased with it as well :)

It only took Rich about 30 mins to have the fog surrounds done, I was amazed!

hi mate.. really interested in the fogs with the mesh.. fancied a rs4 main grill but decided no as it wouldnt match the fogs but u seem to have the answer..

how was it done if u dont mind me askin??

hi mate.. really interested in the fogs with the mesh.. fancied a rs4 main grill but decided no as it wouldnt match the fogs but u seem to have the answer..

how was it done if u dont mind me askin??

The guys over on Audizine have done the fog grille. Basically you need some honeycomb mesh, you can get it off ebay. Dremmel it to fit the rear of the grille and then seal it with black silicon sealant.

yea seen the mesh on ebay.. how do u get the fog surrounds out? tried them once and there pretty right! didnt wana break them..

If you look closely at the fog grille, there are two tabs on the top edge, just pull this down with your fingers and it should pull out.

thanks guys dont suppose u have a part number? cheeky i know lol

can you get polly bushes for the bar too or do the standard ones perform good enough

Darren the uprated anti roll bar is a must have item as it tightens up the back end.

I might have something you may want. Leon Cupra Spliter.

Best to contact Richardesty, I'm sure it's a copy sold on ebay. I think Bez also may know where it came from.

Yeah it was off eBay, mine was just an off cut Bez gave me......and is plastic as opposed to ally

just ben looking at piccys v impressed! can i ask richardesty are they drl lights on your lower grills and where was they from. and also where did you get the mesh?

regards chris

cheers for that :)
wheres the best place to get my cupra splitter from also?

regards chris

I think Seat may realise that their splitters are being used for pimping rides so keep adjusting their prices.

Does anyone know the part number for the Cupra splitter please. It would be much appreciated :)

1ML 805 903

I paid £37.85(inc VAT) from Hobin SEAT (Preston)

I fitted mine at the weekend to an SE Bumper :)

Picked mine up today and the guy even said how much more they are now. Everything has gone up, brembo callipers gone up from 150 to 300, and replacement keys up. from 35 to 125. ****** rip off. He's also never known a cupra owner to buy one lol :)