Cup Holders

Chester Draws

Reaction score
Can you get another cup holder apart from the Chrome lid Audi one that comes with the car and if so does anybody have a part number from the bottom ?

The reason I ask is that in the handbook there is clearly one shown but I don't know if it is really the Chrome lidded unit but not shown correctly ,

Any thoughts ?

If I am thinking correctly of what you're describing I think the one supplied with the car is the "standard" ashtray which can be deleted as part of the optional non-smoking pack??

If there is something else you can get I would be interested as I do not need the ashtray.

Page 66 shows the Ashtray , but page 68 shows a carrier fig 78

Page 66 shows the Ashtray , but page 68 shows a carrier fig 78

I haven't got my car yet so don't have the manual.

Would it be possible to post a photo of the relevant pages? If there is something other than the ashtray available I would certainly be interested.

Thanks

I am popping down to the stealership this afternoon so will ask and report back

I don't smoke and certainly won't allow anyone to in the car but kept the smoking pack just because I thought the only real difference was that if you opted out you didn't get the ashtray which is removable anyway so I may as well have it. I wonder what this other thing is. Ridiculous that Audi haven't released the accessories brochure yet

I agree and have had a moan to Audi UK about the accessory brochure . Even on their website under the current A3 you will find the old A3 accessory brochure .

Not only are they loosing sales but it just looks sloppy . They should at least amend the website to say the accessory brochure is for the old model A3

Been looking for accessories brochure aswell.

Stoke Audi parts do sell a select few bits and bobs for 8V but would be great to see what accessories Audi offer for the A3 3 and 5 door

I agree and have had a moan to Audi UK about the accessory brochure . Even on their website under the current A3 you will find the old A3 accessory brochure .

Not only are they loosing sales but it just looks sloppy . They should at least amend the website to say the accessory brochure is for the old model A3

For as long as I can remember its always been like this. When I got my Q5 in '08 they didn't have mud flaps that fitted S Line models. I think it was nearly year before they appeared officially. I think it's more to do with Audi AG sourcing suppliers and selecting products suitable for the new model before they pay some agency to put a portfolio together for them. I would also say the accessories for the old model will be very similar to the new model. The new A3 SB was just officially released last weekend (as you know) don't expect a new brochure anytime soon.

Well that was a wasted visit .

I ordered another Ashtray and guess what turned up - Ashtray for an A1 . How hard can it be !!

Anyway I asked the parts bod to have another go and also showed him the picture in the owners manual of the carrier . He will look into it - so he says .

I must say I am disappointed with Audi for not getting their act together on the accessory front for the A3 . They must be loosing thousands in accessory sales as people will get fed up of waiting and pop down to Hellfords instead .

I don't smoke either, but the ashtray looks cool and I find it useful to keep loose change in for parking etc.

i agree with johnhugh ive deleted the smokers pack on my order but told the stealer i wanted the chrome ashtray, not a problem he said

I seem to remember seeing some photos somewhere of A3s without the nice ashtrays - that they had a good looking aluminium type 12v "plug".

Whereas other photos with the smoking pack show a plastic topped cig lighter? Can anyone confirm this at all?

If this is the case perhaps the best of both worlds would be the better looking aluminium 12v plug and the nice lidded ashtray!

you can also get an audi badged LED torch that sits in the lighter socket which is quite useful

Just to be absolutely clear, if you don't select the non smokers pack, is the only difference that you get front and rear proper cigarette lighters (instead of the dummy 12v accessory covers), and they drop the ashtray - which is the chromed lid cup thingy which just pops into one of the forward drink holder slots ?

Am I missing anything, I.e. if you change the lighters to dummy covers and remove the ashtray, isn't it then just as if you had ordered the car with the non-smokers pack (but you get a free ashtray cum coin holder for free) ?

I think so.......I didn't ask for non-smoking pack as the dealer said no point just get the cup and using for keys or something.

cig lighter or plastic plug not fussed either way for 12v sockets, unless one looks a bit nicer than the other and the dealer said he'll swap plastic bits over if I want.

I seem to remember seeing some photos somewhere of A3s without the nice ashtrays - that they had a good looking aluminium type 12v "plug".

Whereas other photos with the smoking pack show a plastic topped cig lighter? Can anyone confirm this at all?

If this is the case perhaps the best of both worlds would be the better looking aluminium 12v plug and the nice lidded ashtray!

I've just been out to check on mine. I have the non-smokers package (eg: no ashtray) and I have the chrome topped 12V plug fitted already in the front (this one: Audi 12V Power Source Socket Dummy Cover Aluminium Finish - Stoke Audi Parts)

The one in the rear passenger area is just a standard black plastic plug. I'm assuming that's the standard setup if you chose Non-smokers package.

Reactions: Gweneira
I've just been on the phone to the parts dept at Edinburgh Audi. They're selling the nice cup-shaped ashtray now, but it's £49.57 :wtf:

I've just been on the phone to the parts dept at Edinburgh Audi. They're selling the nice cup-shaped ashtray now, but it's £49.57 :wtf:

I agree :WTF:

maybe indirectly the free smoking pack is worth more then then non smoking with that price difference.

Totally! Especially when all I wanted was not to have useless cigarette lighters lying around when I'm charging my phone. I've gone and ordered the chrome covers anyway (which I didn't know existed when I speced the car) so now, rather than a no-cost option to lose the lighters, I've paid for the privilege of losing the cup-shaped holder that I actually quite liked :(

Totally! Especially when all I wanted was not to have useless cigarette lighters lying around when I'm charging my phone. I've gone and ordered the chrome covers anyway (which I didn't know existed when I speced the car) so now, rather than a no-cost option to lose the lighters, I've paid for the privilege of losing the cup-shaped holder that I actually quite liked :(

true, i wanted to change from non-smoking to smoking for the cup, but was too late. No real advantage to having non-smoking.