Cup holder

gray99y

Reaction score
Hi everyone I am the proud owner of an A4 quattro avant black edition 2011. But was wondering if anyone had put a cup holder in the rear, as there isn't one. And if so how did you do it? Thanks

You can get a kit to put a couple in the rear centre arm rest.

Have a look, you might be lucky. If you're leaning on the armrest with your hand resting over the end of it, press in there and a pir of cup holders will slide out. Not found in every armrest though.

Reactions: AU11 ALS
Thanks guys, tried looking for that benjie no luck.
Have you a link for the kit Zafi?

It's a factory option, but seen some new ones from China on Ebay......

It should look like this is you have them fitted, but you might be lucky like benjie said.

OEM Genuine OEM Black Rear Armrest Folding Cup Holder Fit For VW Jetta Golf MK5 Passat

Just a little extra info, the space under the lid (top back of arm rest) is actually for the Audi OEM A4 First Aid kit, mine came with it already fitted.

Reactions: AU11 ALS
I’m sure the rear armrest cup holders only come with the storage pack option – I know on my last 3 cars I’ve had to spec the storage pack as my son was insistent that we had rear cupholders!
£100 option but small compromise compared to the options i added for me.
I’m sure you can buy the unit to fit to the rear armrest but not sure how big a job it is – I’ve defo seen it for sale somewhere
Or might be cheaper to scan ebay for complete armrest

It's good to have and it's a good little option but there is currently a food and drink ban in my car....lol ;)

Reactions: AU11 ALS and Keef
Mine just has a first aid kit
And I find it embarrasing when people get in and say 'cup holder?'
Errrrr.....

I'm thinking a retrofit eventually

I guess you could use a McD cup holder on the armrest.

You can't just retrofit the cup holders to the existing armrest as you need the cubby hole and lid to go with it. You have to buy the complete armrest, a snip at £7.3 billion from audi.

Reactions: Bulldog and gray99y
Mine just has a first aid kit
And I find it embarrasing when people get in and say 'cup holder?'
Errrrr.....

I'm thinking a retrofit eventually

At least you have two in the front, having almost 20 cars on fleet demo in 2013 for a week at a time you'd be amazed the cars that only have one or even none or simply just wouldn't accommodate a standard Costa cup in the cup holder!

Last edited: