Cts Turbo discharge and throttle pipe

swatchuk

Reaction score
Been looking at the cts discharge and throttle pipes and just wondering what people's thoughts were on fitting them both? I've read a post were someone said they took the throttle pipe off there's.
My s3 is stage 2+ and I'm fitting the Airtec stage 2 intercooler at the weekend. Just wanted to try and do these pipes at the same time.
Oh, and any info on the best place to source them from.
Thanks

Reactions: audismart
I got both on mine from CTS and installed the same time as their intercooler. I'm still waiting to get a re-re-map with stage 2+ once I get my HPFP, clutch and engine/trans and dogbone mounts in on the 19th. I think any gains would be unnoticeable until programmed in. I had some funny codes pop up at first but cleared them and now it's fine. IMO it's worth doing since you'll be working on that stuff anyhow. Bit of a pain to fit the TOP.....good luck!

On a side note, the throttle pipe eliminates the stock sound muffler that's built in so you get more swoooooosh sound from the car :)

Reactions: mechanic69
awesome! I'm ready to get all my parts in and get re-mapped again.... hopefully all of the money and time will be worth a few extra HPs and TQs

I've just read your post. Sounds good. Great pics too so at least I know what I'm doing there now.
I don't know weather to fit the intercooler tomorrow or take a trip to psi and get the discharge pipe and a few other goodies first

I've just read your post. Sounds good. Great pics too so at least I know what I'm doing there now.
I don't know weather to fit the intercooler tomorrow or take a trip to psi and get the discharge pipe and a few other goodies first

The intercooler is a pig to fit, I posted a fitting guide on my thread about three months ago, do able but took me about 6 hours. I'd fit the cooler first and the pipes later

Ok you've talked me into it. Intercooler tomorrow as I've got all day to myself. I'll have to do it on my own but fingers crossed.
I've kept your guide handy so hopefully I'll be fine.

What a ****** day. It's taken me from 9-5 basically. What a sod of a job. I was going to keep the original to put back on when I sell the car but no chance I'm doing that again!!
Any way all done and I'm glad I did it myself. Wish I had the discharge and throttle pipes today though. Would have had a bit more room to swap them. Never mind.
Haven't been out in the car yet just want to make sure the coolant level is right again.

Reactions: grchmason
Wow mate you had to disconnect rad ? You can do it without have a read of Muzza post on here only 3hrs to do

Wow mate you had to disconnect rad ? You can do it without have a read of Muzza post on here only 3hrs to do

Would be a pig trying to keep the rad in, glad I took it out and no real hassle, just wet... Its hard enough with the rad out of the way trying to fix the intercooler in

Agreed. I'm glad I took it out too. Can't imagine how the intercooler would come out with it all in place. Thanks for the guide by the way. Very helpful. That bracket that holds the air con pipes to the intercooler stumped me for a few minutes.
Just need to get those other 2 pipes changed now and rs4 fuel return valve on, then go and see Rick at unicorn to get the map tweaked.

I gave up with the air con pipes, they seem solid enough without fixing but I couldn't get them to line up with the wagner intercooler mount, the other fixings needed fettling to make it fit what a balls ache. good luck with the remap after the pipes. Are you using VCDS maybe do some logs before and after?

I took my rad out as well when fitting my ProAlloy, def makes it easier to work with. Already have the revo throttle pipe installed and hopefully within the next couple of weeks Il have the discharge pipe and muffler installed too!

Reactions: mechanic69
Went to fit the discharge pipe today. Took the wheel off, arch liner out, got the old pipe off. Went to put the new one on and...............
I've been sent the wrong ****** pipe. Great stuff. Think they've sent me the one for the k03. So had to put all the original back on. Hopefully I'll be able to just exchange it for the right one. So gutted.
Hope the throttle pipe I've been sent is the right one.

Quite a big price difference between fr tuning and psi tuning if I have read it correctly

I have found PSI Tuning to be the cheapest when doing my research.

Also not a lot of companies seem to sell the 2 pipes, It's one or the other where-as I would like both....

I have recently fitted both of these pipes, absolute doddle if you remove the radiator fans for the throttle pipe.
Not sure on improvements yet as haven't had chance to dyno but only got them as going TTE420 on Monday.

Reactions: Doogie..., GGG_666 and Smirky
You got a link for them mate, Cant seem to find a website etc for them..?

Be aware... the cts pipes are good but the throttle pipe will need either the mounting bracket modified or atleast a strong pipe clamp to pull it away from the rad fans as they can foul on them.

As for the dis-charge pipe..... just bin the jubilee clips/pipe clamps that come with them as they are chocolate and will definetely result in popping off the silicone hose.... especially for those going TTE-420. Other than that... they are well priced and well made!!

Be aware... the cts pipes are good but the throttle pipe will need either the mounting bracket modified or atleast a strong pipe clamp to pull it away from the rad fans as they can foul on them.

As for the dis-charge pipe..... just bin the jubilee clips/pipe clamps that come with them as they are chocolate and will definetely result in popping off the silicone hose.... especially for those going TTE-420. Other than that... they are well priced and well made!!
I had no issues mounting the throttle pipe. I just trimmed the silicone hose done to the same dimensions as the stock one as there is way too much pipe. No fouling on the rad fans.

IMO though you shouldn't have to modify anything, When your paying the amount you are.

Plus these are meant to be high end products from high end companies. I don't like or want to modify anything :chargrined::grumpy:

I had no issues mounting the throttle pipe. I just trimmed the silicone hose done to the same dimensions as the stock one as there is way too much pipe. No fouling on the rad fans.

Mine was the same, throttle pipe too long, just trimmed 10 mm off and it all fitted just fine no fouling issues

Reactions: Dan-Jnr
IMO though you shouldn't have to modify anything, When your paying the amount you are.

Plus these are meant to be high end products from high end companies. I don't like or want to modify anything :chargrined::grumpy:
Don't get in to modifying if you don't want to modify anything whether it's top banana or an eBay bargain.

What I'm saying though is, If I buy a eBay item from a lesser company for a example then in mind I know it's probably not going to be as good however I bought something from a high end well established company then I don't expect to pay twice as much and still have to adapt it to fit. I'm just very particular though and it sends my OCD into overdrive when I have to start messing with things.

On another note, I still think the CTS one's are the one's I'll be getting....Lol.