Ctek Charger and aux plug in boot

Nickyc

Reaction score
Finally got my charger and thought that I could charge it using the cigarette adaptor in the boot socket. Turns out its only on when the ignition is on. Is that correct ? I was led to believe the boot one was permanently live and I could charge from it.

You can attach the cable supplied with the ctek charger to the battery under the boot floor and have it tucked round the edge of the floor. That is what i have done :)

20200113_185753-jpg.196330

Reactions: Nickyc
Yeah, I can do that but I bought the cig adaptor thinking it was live, just wanted to check that nobodys was before I sent it back. Was there not something on moving the cig lighter fuse that made the sockets permanent live ?

Anyone know what bolts are on the battery ? m6,m8,m10 ?. Also is it safe to connect it direct to the battery rather than the posts under the bonnet ?

If you swap the fuse position over it definitely does the front one. Not sure about the rear. Try it. The bolts are quite small. Its a 6 or 8mm from memory.

Reactions: Nickyc
If you swap the fuse position over it definitely does the front one. Not sure about the rear. Try it. The bolts are quite small. Its a 6 or 8mm from memory.
Did you connect the negative to the negative terminal of the battery or to a ground ?