Cruise retrofit on 8P3 A3?

Scott

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone had cruise control retrofitted on a 58 onwards A3?

I was booked in to have this done tomorrow morning but the garage has informed me they're unable to get the parts in time and they are on back order with Audi. I told them I'd call my local dealer and see if I can get hold of them any quicker, and my local dealer advised me that Audi has issued a bulletin to all dealerships, telling them to not retrofit cruise to certain A3's until further notice, hence why the parts are unavailable at the moment. Has anyone else heard this or can anyone confirm?

It seems very strange that one garage (independent) is unable to get the parts and then my local dealership has said this without being prompted!

Thanks,
Scott

Not liking this as mine is being installed tomorrow! Contact user Jb0o on here he supplies them aswell

Not liking this as mine is being installed tomorrow! Contact user Jb0o on here he supplies them aswell

Hi mate. I think it's only on 58 plates and onwards (when they introduced the LED's) or at least that's what I gathered.

Basically from the facelift A3's (DRL's) the Cruise stalk changed to version 'F'. The retrofit Cruise kit that you can get through Audi has version 'D' included so although this part will be compatable for A3's pre-facelift, it will no be suitable for the facelift A3's -- for this reason Audi are refusing to sell this retrofit kit as it may not be suitable.

I've install Cruise into 3 2010 A3's now and they've all worked fine using the 'F' stalk. Buying the 'F' stalk costs abit more money than the retrofit kit, but it works 100%.

Scott, PM me how much they're charging you.

But... the stalk was only changed from 06/2009 onwards, so being a '58, yours should be fine with the 'D' that is found in the retrofit kits.

How does your FULL BEAM operate?

1) If it works by pushing the indicator stalk forward and it staying in the forward position, then you don't need the newer stalk and you'll be fine with 'D' which is found in the retrofit kit (which Audi are refusing to sell) but the stalk is still available to buy seperately.

2) If it works by pushing the indicator stalk forward and it returns to its usual position then you do need the newer stalk, 'F', which again can be bought seperately.

I fitted it to my 60 plate A3 last week. Piece of cake!

But... the stalk was only changed from 06/2009 onwards, so being a '58, yours should be fine with the 'D' that is found in the retrofit kits.

How does your FULL BEAM operate?

1) If it works by pushing the indicator stalk forward and it staying in the forward position, then you don't need the newer stalk and you'll be fine with 'D' which is found in the retrofit kit (which Audi are refusing to sell) but the stalk is still available to buy seperately.

2) If it works by pushing the indicator stalk forward and it returns to its usual position then you do need the newer stalk, 'F', which again can be bought seperately.

Ah ok, that's cool. I've spoken to Audi and they've confirmed that it's 06/09 onwards too. Mine is March 09 and the full beam operates by pushing the stalk forward and it stays forward.

I'll shoot you a PM.

Cheers,
Scott

Jonny (Jb0o) did mine today and works a treat! Best mod I've done nice chilled drive home. Worth contacting him good lad and really good price!!!

No worries man, Ill give you a message tomorrow about MFSW stuff, Im not even home yet haha. And hats off to RedDejavu for making your Cruise possible lmao.

LOL cheers bro, Yea damn that screw started to make me worry damn thread lock!

where is red RedDejavu i need to send him a thanks LOL