Cruise control

badpanel

Reaction score
I'm thinking of trying to sort out cruise control for my 1.8t and have seen on ebay a couple of places offering a fitting service but don't really want to spend 200 quid.
I managed to buy an oem retrofit kit for my wifes b5.5 passat and although its quite tricky to wire up it was well worth spending the time doing.
I have looked on my vw/audi parts cd and cant find such a kit fir my audi
Does anyone have any info please?

Is your 1.8T cable throttle or electronic?

If its electronic then its just a case of connecting the stalk up, probably similar to your passat.

If its cable throttle, you need the vacuum pump, actuator, linkage, ecu, control switches, pipework and you need to make your own wiring harness. I fitted it to mine, cost about £100 buying all the parts used. Took a bit of messing getting the wiring correct though.

Mine is electronic, i may see if i can buy another passat kit and then get a a4 cruise stalk and wire it up that way.

Then all you need is the stalk and lower steering colum cover. Total cost for teh bts is about £60.00 give or take.

I did one last weekend and it took me 40 minutes to do. You will need to code up the car with VCDS tho

you dont need the cover on a B5, it just replaces the indicator stalk.

I got a stalk from an A8 from mine, as they're easier to get hold of than the A4 ones.

kufatek.de do a wiring loom too, for much cheapness.

you dont need the cover on a B5, it just replaces the indicator stalk.

I got a stalk from an A8 from mine, as they're easier to get hold of than the A4 ones.

kufatek.de do a wiring loom too, for much cheapness.
Cheers for that aragorn have checked that site out and the cruise wiring loom says its for a tdi only. will look into that a bit further.
there is an A8 stalk on ebay at the moment for £60 plus £15 postage.
May see how much one is from a dealer.

£60 is dear, i paid about half that.

The tdi loom should work on any DBW car, might need to tweak the insctructions a little, but its just a harness that attaches to the stalk and provides you the 6 wires to connect to the correct places.

...so the best bet is for me to locate the parts, bring it to the next show/meet to put it on there and let one of your friendly guys code it up for me... :lmfao:

I used the tdi loom on my old 2.8q the only reason they say tdi in the description is that there weren't many DBW petrol models in the B5 range.

Ohhh...

This is all very ineresting....

Does my car have the little light on the dash that comes on when cruise is switched on? (picture of a little speedo?)

Ta