cruise control

AUDIISBEST54321

Reaction score
Hi, going to do c.c mod, on A4 B6 2004. Do I need a new indicator stalk or will the c.c stalk fix onto the one I have, cheers colin

Thanks swarcup, I know I have to upgrade the stering module, but do you know if I can use the stering control module out of a B7 with B6 stalks? cheers mate ( just in case I come across B7 first)

should do, mine has a wiper stalk and slip ring from a q7, control module and indicater from a b7 and the cruise stalk from a b6 and everything works fine.

Thanks guys, hope to get sorted soon! Looking at one off a A6 2008 ? Looks the same? Think I might give it a go. Part No. is 4F0 953 549 D has cruise and DIS stalks on already. Any idea why the last letter that supports cruise etc is differant on A6 to A4. Mine is A4. Cheers colin

That part number you supplied was for a Steering ECU.

And there are a massive variety of Steering ECU modules, there isn't just one kind of ECU's for an A4 that will take Cruise, there are about 5.

Sorry mate, should have explained better. Wanting to fit cruise and DIS on A4 B6 2004. I understand I will need a new steering control module, part number 8E0 953 549 N (or L M P Q R ) Mine ends in S which won't support cruise. I was wanting to know, if a 2008 A6 SCM part number AF0 953 549 D would fit on my A4. It has cruise and DSI stalks and slip ring attatched.
Cheers Colin

As its actually a control module, not a stalk etc part thats shared across platforms, highly unlikely given its programmed for A6 chassis, I wouldnt advise it as also the pin locations might not match up & it may not code correctly as its expecting an A6 platform on the network.

Thanks guys, will just wait and see if the one I need comes up on ebay or some thing, as I would like module, DIS stalk and cruise stalk, all a bit too much to buy new, thanks again chaps