Cruise control retrofit question

BradA3

Reaction score
Hi I'm thinking of retro fitting cruise control in my 57 plate a3 (8p).

I've seen the stalks etc on eBay for around 100 quid but I'm looking for someone to fit it and code it. How much do you think ill be looking at for fitting and coding?
Thanks!
Brad

You need the stalk and the lower cowling as well. I've had mine done from Ash187 using Original parts.

Thanks for the replies guys, i'm in Lowestoft, NR32 quite a way from anything really lol

Hi I'm thinking of retro fitting cruise control in my 57 plate a3 (8p).

I've seen the stalks etc on eBay for around 100 quid but I'm looking for someone to fit it and code it. How much do you think ill be looking at for fitting and coding?
Thanks!
Brad

Site sponsor NHN is not far from you, drop him a pm as he does this work and he travels. :) x

Reactions: N8
Hi new member here. so is a retrofit of cruise control quite simple then?

New parts and coding via VCDS. Is that simple? It is to some if you've done it before :)
Ah my bad, the guide has exposed my naivety. Im guessing I'm probably better off getting someone else to do it.

Better off getting someone on here to fit it.
I put mine into Audi to get done.
Great job I must admit but had to leave the car there for 5 hrs ...
These blokes have done loads more,will do it faster and cheaper :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Contact NHN or Dannykn9 on here.
Danny did mine no problems took about an hour.
Mines also a 57 plate.

Reactions: Dannykn9 and NHN
I've just been quoted £230 all in from an Audi main dealer. For the time, effort and stress of it all, I didn't think that was a bad quotation...

I've just been quoted £230 all in from an Audi main dealer. For the time, effort and stress of it all, I didn't think that was a bad quotation...

Guys, contact site sponsor nhn he does these all the time and does first class job. :) x

Just ordered mine through work, £88 + £40 to fit and code it.

On the later cars the stalk is back ordered atm at Audi which is a little annoying, but still getting it fairly cheaply.

I used to run an Evo - these prices seem very reasonable in comparison :thumbsup:

M8 I was 230 quid from audi for my cruise control. I had to go there anyways to get my spare key coded.
Up here we are pretty limited for retrofitters so not much choice if u can't travel.
Down ur way ur spoiled for choice with them.
Im sure that the retrofit sponsers on here have fitted more than the audi dealerships have in the UK ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Need more retro fitters!! a think brodster should get into this for sake of us scottish audi fans!

Reactions: Sandra
If you've got a bit of time, give it a go yourself. It's not difficult, can just be a bit fiddly.

Defo wouldn't be paying £230 for it!

Does anyone want to do mine am based in South Yorkshire?

If in London, I could have sorted you out mate. But give NHN a message, he travels all over mate, and am sure he will be happy to assist.

Reactions: NHN
Hi, new to the site and first post. I've just bought a 2009 A3 2.0 TDI, and I'm looking to have cruise control retrofitted. I'm in Birmingham, is there anyone on the forum who's experienced and could supply and fit for me?
Thanks,
Don.

Reactions: Sandra
Hi, new to the site and first post. I've just bought a 2009 A3 2.0 TDI, and I'm looking to have cruise control retrofitted. I'm in Birmingham, is there anyone on the forum who's experienced and could supply and fit for me?
Thanks,
Don.

Welcome to audi-sport.net. Site sponsor NHN supplies/fits and travels for this work. Send him a pm. :) x

Welcome along Don.

Send NHN a PM, he travels all over and can do this for you.