Cruise control retrofit help needed

Dan5115

Reaction score
Hi all,

Can anyone help me with the correct stalks and lower cowling to fit a 2004 3 door 3.2 a3, 8p0 054 690 and 8p0 953 512a?

I read that I'll need the extra cable from ecu to blue thing but will I also need a new steering module for cruise control to work perfectly? If so which module and is it just plug and play?

Also, don't suppose anyone can explain how I code the engine and steering module and what the correct codes are? I have full vcds but only as of last week and so I'm a bit new to everything vcds related.

Any help would be massively appreciated. Cheers

image-jpg.136547

I think I need the following to get CC working spot on, if anyone could check and confirm these are the right parts as the info I find online seems to contradict each other source.

Only need module support for full functioning CC as MFSW isnt necessary.

Stalks - 8P0 953 513B or 8P0 953 513 ??

Cowling - 8P0 953 512 ?

New module - 1K0 953 549 AH ?

Type 2 slip ring - 1K0 959 653 C ?

Ecu control wire

Also I’m aware of the need of VCDS to code engine and steering module for cruise control, however is there any extra coding involved as I’m changing out my current steering module and slip ring?

Thanks for any help.

Save your money on the cowling. If you look carefully at your original you’ll see the lines and you can cut it out to fit.

Reactions: Dan5115
Save your money on the cowling. If you look carefully at your original you’ll see the lines and you can cut it out to fit.
As above, I used a dremel to cut mine out and looks fine. Saved £44 ish anyhow.

Reactions: Dan5115 and Sandra
Thanks for the cowling tip, got the rest of parts ordered however does anyone know the difference between 8P0 953 513B and 8P0 953 513??

I assume the “B” is a later variant but will the 8P0 953 513 do the job as I can get it for 1/3 of the price of the other.

B version is the later version for pre-facelift 8p so should fit yours.

The Rev D will fit facelift as well up to 59 plate. I bought Rev D and it wouldn't work as my car was 2010+ so required Rev F.

You're better off ringing Audi and seeing which fits because it all depends if you have MFSW etc.

Last edited:
Apologies for hijacking the thread. Just received a cruise control stalk and cowling I bought from eBay (brand new). Should be 8P0 953 513 D (seller said 2003 onwards) although can't see parts no anywhere. Has the newer icons on the stalk.

Anyway it feels like the indicator stalk takes quite some effort to shift. Is that because it's new and needs some use before it becomes smooth like the one I have already?

Apologies for hijacking the thread. Just received a cruise control stalk and cowling I bought from eBay (brand new). Should be 8P0 953 513 D (seller said 2003 onwards) although can't see parts no anywhere. Has the newer icons on the stalk.

Anyway it feels like the indicator stalk takes quite some effort to shift. Is that because it's new and needs some use before it becomes smooth like the one I have already?

There should be a white sticker with the part number somewhere.