Cruise control retrofit coding issue

YSA107

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just installed a cruise control kit into my car but I am having issues activating the cruise control in VCDS.

My car is a 2007 57 2.0 tdi s line special edition. It already had mfsw and dis so my understanding is the steering wheel control unit already supports cruise control. I have purchased a kit from Audi and fitted the stalk and gone to activate everything in VCDS. I have been able to change the coding for the steering wheel to show I have cruise control.

However when I attempt to code in the activation in the ‘engine’ control module I am getting the message “login code accepted” and nothing else. I haven’t seen this message whenever I have changed any other coding. When I attempt to use the cruise control nothing happens, no lights on the dash or anything. Should that be the message I see when putting the activation code in? Am I doing something wrong?

Any help/pointers would be a great help.

Check its added a G in the top right box of the engine module, you can decode check then recode, engine of but ignition on.

Check mvb's for cruise stalk functions.

Thanks for the reply. I will check for the ‘g’. Is the message I’m getting once I put the code in what it normally says?

And sorry, I’m a novice when it comes to vcds so what are mvb’s?

Thanks again.

Think mvb will be measuring blocks.

When you go into them and work the stalk you should see the values change

When I did my install it wouldn’t work and a check of the measuring blocks showed that I had a faulty clutch pedal switch.

Faulty clutch switch seems to be a common issue when retro fitting cruise control.
In the measuring values, you should see the values change when pressing and de-pressing the clutch. If they don’t, then a new switch is required.

Thanks for the replies guys. I will have a try tomorrow and see what happens and report back.

Right, I’ve checked the measuring values as suggested. When I use the stalk, the values change. I assume this means the cruise control coding has been successful and the stalk is working as it should. Can somebody confirm my thinking is correct?

However when I press/de-press the clutch pedal, none of the values change. I assume, as suggested above, the clutch switch is shot so I will replace it and see how I get on.

Thanks for the help so far.

Yeah if the switches are working you will see the values changed between 0 and 1.

Try a new clutch switch and it should work.

Update on this. I changed the clutch switch and everything now working!

Thanks for all the help guys.

Reactions: Alex Ward