cruise control retrofit (activation)

pending

Reaction score
hi audi fans!

i want to retrofit cruise control at my a3 8v (2014 3door)

i have read that cruise control as a part has an activation code/pin that audi dealer online ativates/enables it otherwise it does not get functional.

i am looking outside audi dealer to buy the part i need so i found it at ebay (if you want i will post the link)
seller is authorised audi dealer in UK.
the part number is this
8V0054690D and he sends me just the part.
i already have mfsw and trip computer.

the audi dealer/seller that has it told me that with the part he wont send any codes for activation and my audi dealer has to change the ecu number so the engine recognises the switch.
also the item is genuine and brand new.

my question is that if i buy this item without the code would be fuctional?
can dealer activate it even if i have not the activation code?

It is the same procedure here for the people I know doing retrofits.

They do the retrofit and Audi has to activate the features.

I know one who found a guy online who could do this as well, but I believe he might be working for Audi and just earns a little extra $ outside of business hours.

And sorry, there is not a specific activation code for the cruise control part itself but for the feature. So Audi would know the code.
so there is no activation code for cc part?
but in some sites i see that with the part also they sell activation code.
for example https://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/audi/a3/a3-8v/ccs-cruise-control-complete-kit-audi-a3-8v

my dealer said to me that every cruise control part has an activation code.
when they fit the part with the car they online enable the part with the vin so the part won't work with any other car except the first one.

is this true?

so there is no activation code for cc part?
but in some sites i see that with the part also they sell activation code.
for example https://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/audi/a3/a3-8v/ccs-cruise-control-complete-kit-audi-a3-8v

my dealer said to me that every cruise control part has an activation code.
when they fit the part with the car they online enable the part with the vin so the part won't work with any other car except the first one.

is this true?

I did consider purchasing a used A3 8V and did contact my local retrofitter (who actually do retrofits for Audi as they don't know how to do it... sad but true).

He told me that for enabling Navigation it had to be done by Audi as it needed to be done online. For the Cruise Control he could do the code changes required. However my request was for a purchase of parts and retrofit, so I am not sure if a specific code comes with the part - however I really don't think so.

Looking at the Kufatec link I also just see "After Installation you need to code the system to cruise control."

I did consider purchasing a used A3 8V and did contact my local retrofitter (who actually do retrofits for Audi as they don't know how to do it... sad but true).

He told me that for enabling Navigation it had to be done by Audi as it needed to be done online. For the Cruise Control he could do the code changes required. However my request was for a purchase of parts and retrofit, so I am not sure if a specific code comes with the part - however I really don't think so.

Looking at the Kufatec link I also just see "After Installation you need to code the system to cruise control."
yes but kufatec also says this
delivery

• Original control stalk
  • cover steering column
  • Registration Key
don't know i'm confused...

Hi Pending,

Did you get your A3 fitted with CC?
If so how did you do it?

@DJAlix can you help this potential customer?
Activation code cannot be purchased on its own, a retrofit kit needs to be purchased from / for your retrofitter and then once installed said retrofitter can activate the feature via software version management.

All the CC stalks you see for sale on eBay, unless part of said "kit", can only be used to replace broken / faulty parts.

What's the best price anyone's been quoted to have it fitted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello all,

Sorry for being an absolute rookie here...

But could anyone please tell me if I need any other components apart from this kit to retrofit my cc.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360621962778

I have an 2007 A3 Sline, TDI, DSG

Appreciate all the help I can get here.

Thanks!

Hello all,

Sorry for being an absolute rookie here...

But could anyone please tell me if I need any other components apart from this kit to retrofit my cc.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360621962778

I have an 2007 A3 Sline, TDI, DSG

Appreciate all the help I can get here.

Thanks!
Aside from VCDS or alike to code it, what you have linked seems to be everything you need.

I've been looking at an 8V and it doesn't have cruise control so I'm also wondering, is an Audi dealer a best bet? Cheers

I've been looking at an 8V and it doesn't have cruise control so I'm also wondering, is an Audi dealer a best bet? Cheers
In, around or can get to London... I can beat dealer and most 3rd party pricing :)

In, around or can get to London... I can beat dealer and most 3rd party pricing :)

I'm about 40 miles outside London; in East Anglia, could you PM me with more details and I may hit you up if I purchase the car.

I'm about 40 miles outside London; in East Anglia, could you PM me with more details and I may hit you up if I purchase the car.
Current pricing = £287.00 supplied and fitted, genuine OEM new Audi parts with 2 year warranty.

I retrofit a lot of these. Check out @vagcarcoding on instagram for examples :)

Reactions: Kayobong
Current pricing = £287.00 supplied and fitted, genuine OEM new Audi parts with 2 year warranty.

I retrofit a lot of these. Check out @vagcarcoding on instagram for examples :)

Thanks for the help, I'll be sure to message you if/when I get the car!

A code comes with the parts. They are needed to activate them. You don't need an Audi dealer though. Anyone with ElsaWin can do it.

Reactions: simlocks
A code comes with the parts. They are needed to activate them. You don't need an Audi dealer though. Anyone with ElsaWin can do it.
ElsaWin is VW Group's Electronic Workshop diagrams and procedures application, now retired :) Think you mean ODIS Service.

Reactions: Tom Shields
ElsaWin is VW Group's Electronic Workshop diagrams and procedures application, now retired :) Think you mean ODIS Service.
Sorry to bring this back up, but say you got the kuftec one (with activation code) and you were able to fit it and had access to VCDS, you would still need someone to activate it via ODIS? I'm in Ireland and not as easy as the UK to find retrofitters

Sorry to bring this back up, but say you got the kuftec one (with activation code) and you were able to fit it and had access to VCDS, you would still need someone to activate it via ODIS? I'm in Ireland and not as easy as the UK to find retrofitters
Still needs a licensed activation.

@DJAlix are you still able to retrofit cruise control? I'm looking to fit one to mine. Thank you.
Hi there

Yup yup. Would need you to contact me with your reg so I can make sure all is good and quote.

Reactions: 8YARWY and Sandra
Hi, do you have any idea of the part number for Audi A3 8v 2016? and can we use VCDS to activate this part? thanks

@DJAlix, do you have any recommendations for someone in Ireland that can do the cruise control retrofit for my 2014 8V limo?