Cruise Control query

Ishy

Reaction score
Got my self a B6 Avant and it had a Auti-sport sticker on which leads me here,

Basically i want to add cruise control and the one that i have seen available is removed from a B7

Now the seller assures me it will fit, i just want to confirm if it will?

If anyone could confirm i would be greatly appreciate it.

Ishy

The stalk is the same, however, whether your vehicle is compatible with cruise in it's current state is a different story.

Reactions: Ishy
Thanks mate, is the steering crawling the same too? I have done a little research into and from what it seems it just needs unlocking on Vagcom?

Ishy

Lower trim is different, there are also differences in steering wheel control units, not all fitted are compatible.

The 8E is pretty old now so there is plenty of information available online for example

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Cruise_Control_Retrofitting_(8E)

NB - The "Supported steering wheels" sections aren't always correct. You need to find out the part number of your steering wheel control unit and go from there.

Looking at that link my wheel does support the cruise control.

Now i was thinking of doing it my self but I'm pushing for someone else to do it as it does look a little complicated, an at the same time i can fit a B7 wheel fitted.

So the next question would be is anyone handy on this forum that could possibly do this swap for me?

Ishy

As I said, don't rely on the steering wheel compatability listed, it always isn't correct. You need to find out the version of your steering wheel control unit first.

If you've got vcds you can see which module you have fitted .. if you've got volume controls on your steering wheel it should be able to add cruise

Thanks for the replies, really appreciate them but I've found someone in Huddersfield who can fit it for me.

Happy days!

Ishy