1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Cruise control packed in?

random101 Jan 12, 2010

1. random101

random101 Registered User

:sadlike:

Well after battling to find a set of wheels that will clear my 355mm brakes (and failing)

my cruise control decided it didn't want to work any more..

You push the botton and nothing happens...

It worked fine 3min before where i was on the high way and accelerated and then turned it off..

Could it be because of the extream heat here in melbourne who knows..

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Welly

Welly 335D Driver :-)

Mine no longer works either actually. VAG COM gives me cruise control switch - implausible signal.... I assume that the switch is bust, but I can live without it for the time being!

4. random101

random101 Registered User

i could check the fuses.. but could i really be bothered..

5. Welly

Welly 335D Driver :-)

I hear that. I would as well, but simply, in the cold, with bigger problems to fix, I can't be bothered either!

6. AudiLeon

AudiLeon Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

I had that signal problem too, turned out to be my clutch switch. Try bridging the wires.

7. jm-baker

jm-baker Registered User

I had the same problem, Check you brake lights are working properly, turned out to be my brake switch.

Ideally need to check it in VAGCOM as the switch is a double pole, switching both the brake lights as well as a signal to the ECU.....

Worth a look anyway.

8. s3gav

s3gav Registered User

ive got a cruise control stalk going cheap if any1 is interested pm me

9. RIGZI

RIGZI Registered User

My cruise control hasn't worked since i bought the car which never really bothered me until now coz i'm up for buying a remap with optional presets (using the cruise control tch)...
    I had the CC diagnosed and all switches are good, just had a fault code up (17977) CC (E45) implausable, Any ideas