Cruise control not working

BILKO1

Reaction score
Guys have you any ideas how to fault find the cruise control on my A4. It was factory fitted not retro, is there anyway of testing the switch and clutch switch with VCDS. I've done a full autoscan with VCDS but no cruise faults showing i have also tried sending login code 11463 to the engine ecu to activate the cruise control but this made no difference.

What was the initial coding before you changed it? Have you checked to see if that is the correct one for your car with cruise control fitted?

Also, has the cruise ever worked since you have owned the car?

Another thing to check will be to see if there is a fuse for it that may have blown.

Clutch pedal switch problems will show up under VCDS under the Engine ECU.

My mate had a problem on his 3.0Q and the Cruise would not switch on and the VCDS gave this....
Address 01: Engine Labels: 06C-909-559-ASN.lbl
Part No SW: 8E0 909 559 H HW: 8E0 909 059
Component: 3.0L V6/5V G 0003
Coding: 0011711
Shop #: WSC 63351 000 00000

1 Faults Found:

17947 - Clutch Pedal Switch (F36): Implausible Signal
P1539 - 004 - No Signal/Communication
Readiness: 0110 0001
Switch was not working, replaced it for around £12 - all sorted.

I never changed any coding just login 11463 to activate cruise in the engine ecu. There are no fault in Vcds and all fuses are fine. I used a Snap on Modis to check clutch switch operation and that is fine. There must be a way of testing the cruise control stalk but i can't find anything on Vcds / Snap on and Bosch kts :(

You can test the operation of the stalk and clutch/brake switches in the Engine measuring blocks in VCDS. I didn't spot this before otherwise I could have helped you, sorry! Glad you got it sorted.

I found the measuring blocks for the cruise switch but not the clutch switch.

Reactions: Martin86
Can't remember which block it is and I don't have a 1.9TDi to check on.. it's not in the label file it's just a binary value which changes to 11 with the brake switch operated or 1 with the clutch switch operated. If you still have access to VCDS go and have a play.. I'm sure you'll fine it in the first 20-30 measuring blocks, I just can't remember where.