Cruise Control not working

dave_ph

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I retrofitted cruise control to my car earlier. All installed fine and dandy.

After installing cleared fault codes from VCDS and did the necessaries to enable CC and confirmed it was working on measuring block 004 on the Steering wheel controller (as per a guide on here somewhere).

Took the car for a drive however it didn't work. Luckily I had my laptop with me so could fire VCDS up. I did the cruise control activate login on the engine controller again and then did the full lock left, full lock right, drive 200 yards straight and still no joy.

I opened up meas block 004 on the steering wheel controller and it showed the responses to my input on the cruise control stick fine (as per screenshot attached) however the car wasn't responding (no CC light and not holding speed).

I've ran a scan after with VCDS and it shows a couple errors on the ABS brakes controller which I expect is probs the issue:

2 Faults Found:
01826 - Sensor for Steering Angle (G85); Supply Voltage Terminal 30
000 - - - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100000
Fault Priority: 3
Fault Frequency: 2
Reset counter: 35
Time Indication: 0

Freeze Frame:
Hex Value: 0x0000
Hex Value: 0x4222
Hex Value: 0x0024
Hex Value: 0x01AB
Hex Value: 0x0001

00493 - ESP-Sensor Unit (G419)
008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00101000
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 36
Time Indication: 0

Freeze Frame:
Hex Value: 0x0200
Hex Value: 0x4202
Hex Value: 0x001B
Hex Value: 0x34AC
Hex Value: 0x0001

I can't remember seeing these on a previous scan. Does anyone know how to resolve those or if indeed they are linked?

I've tested everything else on the steering wheel and all works perfectly. There aren't any other fault codes in VCDS.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Attachments

• CC-VCDS.JPG
    CC-VCDS.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 381
  • VCDS fault codes.txt
    2 KB · Views: 103
Did you do the change to the engine code?

Yeah changed that and tried again halfway through the test to see if that would kick it in but no joy :(

I had the same issue? Tried a few times and got it eventually.I would go through the process again http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Audi_A4_(8E)_Brake_Electronics_(Bosch_8.0)#Basic_Setting

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8704F using Tapatalk

What part did you have to try multiple times? How many times do you reckon is was?

I've read that the clutch switch can be problematic however I'm guessing that wouldn't cause those fault codes.

I tied over a few days,maybe 3 attempts,there is a specific order or process,and wasn't sure if I was doing it right?but I got it eventually?as for clutch and brake switch, vcds can Check output from them?

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8704F using Tapatalk

Checked out the clutch switch and sure enough that was busted.

I've bridge the connector and confirmed cruise control works now. I opened the sensor up and it was the small metal tab which open and closes the circuit which had snapped off.

Simple things!