Cruise control kit - where from???

fizz

Reaction score
Hi guys, does anyone know I could get a cruise control kit from now that vagparts has closed won? Any help appreciated

Fizz

Feck ye, wouldnt of touched vagparts with barge pole anyway

what year is yours?

Not got it yet, but will be getting one thats anywhere between 07 and 58 reg on the next few days hopefully. Want all the bits ready for when its here. Got the RNS-E from Beddie on here but also after the cruise kit as those 2 will be going in as soon as I get it.

ahh but that is the common assumption. It has already been mentioned in recent threads that VAG-Parts weren't always the chepaest and after all where do you think they get parts from?

You really should check these things out before turning to the internet for what may well not be a cheaper option.

However, at the end of the day it's your money - I'm merely offering my perspective.

Ill take your advise mate & pop round to my local dealers and price a stalk up, will I also need a loom or just the stalk and cover?

ahh but that is the common assumption. It has already been mentioned in recent threads that VAG-Parts weren't always the chepaest and after all where do you think they get parts from?

You really should check these things out before turning to the internet for what may well not be a cheaper option.

However, at the end of the day it's your money - I'm merely offering my perspective.

I got mine from the stealers, I think the stalk came with the repaire wire (to be used if needed) but in the main it should just be a straight swap for the old one. You will need the bottom cover too, these were on back order when went for mine but was still only 3 days to arrive. In all it was slightly cheaper than VAg Parts.It should then just be a case of coding with VAG COM.

You could ask Stoke Audi who sponsor here and I think will do mail order.

There is a full kit available but it does depend on the level of equipment in your car so they'll probably want your chassis number to check.

It'll be something like -

8P0 054 690
8P0 054 691
8P0 054 691 A
8P0 054 692
8P0 054 692 A

Cheers guys, been a great help, got my eye on a sprint blue a3 tdi so will enquire at the dealers once ive purchased one.

Check out HAZZYDAYZ101 on EBAY for cruise control. (fitted to my A3 DSG TDi S-Line). Just cost me £280 fully fitted, genuine Audi parts, (new stalks and bottom cowling cover) at my home address. They visit:thrashi::s3addict: various parts of the country. The price I paid includes £50 call out fee as they are based in London. (I'm in Sheffield). Martin is an ex VW technician, very friendly, great service, only took just over an hour. Looking at what he did it's in no way a DIY job, airbags/steering/ecu settings etc. You would need an Audi manual/laptop/data cable etc, and a great deal of expertise!! . Came with a three year guarentee. Hate to think how much it would have cost at Dealers!!

Yep will second that, have used Hazy Days a few times, great service & reasonable prices.

Just rang my local stealer and was told id also need a steering ECU on the model im looking to buy. (57 plate sportback s line). This is £170 plus vat. Is this right as I thought the newer ones had the ECU already? Prices on the kit and lower trim werent too bad though - £51.06 for the kit & £18.48 for the trim (plus VAT).

It's quite difficult to second guess it without actually reading the part number via diagnostics. IIRC there is no FI lookup (catalogue recomendation from chassis number) for the cruise kits.

Just rang my local stealer and was told id also need a steering ECU on the model im looking to buy. (57 plate sportback s line). This is £170 plus vat. Is this right as I thought the newer ones had the ECU already? Prices on the kit and lower trim werent too bad though - £51.06 for the kit & £18.48 for the trim (plus VAT).

the £170 plus vat must be for the ECU and slip ring as the ECU retail price wheni check the other day was around £105 plus vat. It does depend which version of the ECU is fitted and which slip ring is fitted. Different ECU are compatibly with different sliprings

Where are you, if your local to me I can get the parts through work at discount and can also offer a fitting service.

the £170 plus vat must be for the ECU and slip ring as the ECU retail price wheni check the other day was around £105 plus vat. It does depend which version of the ECU is fitted and which slip ring is fitted. Different ECU are compatibly with different sliprings

Where are you, if your local to me I can get the parts through work at discount and can also offer a fitting service.

Well i'be bought the car (going to pick it up on new years eve after they have prep'd it)

Im based in Blackburn lanc's mate so a bit far from you.

Is there any way I could tell if I needed the ECU without using vagcom, physical inspection for example?

Try JVW in Haydock just off the M6 (about 25mins away from you) they use all original parts are not expensive (very reasonable) the owner is ex VAG senior technican. Give them a call 01942 722022

Well i'be bought the car (going to pick it up on new years eve after they have prep'd it)

Im based in Blackburn lanc's mate so a bit far from you.

Is there any way I could tell if I needed the ECU without using vagcom, physical inspection for example?

im about 1hr 15 from blackburn so not that far. Yes you can remove the lower steering wheel trim and gain access to the ECU if i remember right the part number can be seen without removing the ECU

Try JVW in Haydock just off the M6 (about 25mins away from you) they use all original parts are not expensive (very reasonable) the owner is ex VAG senior technican. Give them a call 01942 722022

Id say more like 40 mins

What about Awesome GTI they do the cruise control kits and fit them ?

Richard