Cruise Control Issues

Jack Kelly

265 BHP 2.0 TFSI Saloon
Reaction score
Having issues with my cruise control simply not turning on. It stopped working around a year ago and only recently have I started to look into it. I had the clutch switch error when scanning, so replaced the switch to no avail. So far I have done the following to try to get it to work:
  • Replaced clutch switch
  • Replaced brake switch
  • Changed fuse 5 as I believe this is the one linked to cruise control? (although there are no other issues with functions relating to fuse 5 like AC)
  • Run a wire across the clutch switch loom, to simulate the clutch being fully engaged
There are no codes in vagcom relating to this issue or any other parts, so I know the clutch switch and brake switch are seated correctly.

When trying to engage cruise, I am at a good speed and making sure to keep both feet off the brake and pedal. The stalk isn't turned off and I am pressing the set button on the side. It used to work when I initially installed cruise and did so for around a year.

Does anyone have any other ideas as to what could be the cause? My only other thought is the stalk itself could be broken.

Last edited:
I had also previously checked vagcom coding and it was fine.

A day or two after changing the clutch and brake switch, the car started working again, not sure what I changed so can't help anyone else unfortunately.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk