Cruise control installation guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, new to the forum so hello everyone :nogarors4:
I have a 2001 B6 AWX 1.9 TDI 130 saloon - would love to get cruise control on there, I have no DIS or MFSW.
Iv'e done a bit of research into CC install and know I will need a new steering control module amongst other things.
One area of concern I have is that someone mentioned that if your car is Re Mapped (which mine is!) that it is not possible to code the Cruise control without reverting to the original map - can anyone confirm if this is the case?

Reactions: Mr_Dude
Dose anyone still have the images from the first post ?
As they were removed from Photobucket.

Reactions: dtokez, Mr_Dude and dubcool.pc
I second the poster above. Is there a way to see the photos that now require a subscription to photobucket?

Thanks

Reactions: dubcool.pc
Third that, got my stalk but seeing the photos would be a huge help!

Fitted mine yesterday using this guide, found the text was enough even without the photos. Only difference was I had to do the long coding method.

Oh and I had to take it all apart again because the airbag connector wasn't in fully because I managed to break a tab off. Had to bulk it out with electrical tape and wedge it on, but works fine now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ALex Paa
Lads, just looking for some confirmation on something. I have ordered a cruise control stalk from eBay which is currently on the way but I still need to get the lower cowling, Is this the correct part number for the cowling? - 8e0953512P, I have found other ones listed under 8e0953512J but it looks to be for LHD vehicles maybe?

This is a link to one I'm looking at but unsure if it will fit, can anyone help?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A4-B...856550?hash=item25da377166:g:y2AAAOSwXetZWP1-

All in from audi is only £87 so will be ordering mine soon

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I have fitted cruise to my car and was using this guide as a reference to activate, unfortunately the images are gone in this thread!

Is anyone able to help with the activation for our cars? The website mentions coding the engine too, but I don't quite understand the guide and nothing else I can find on the internet helps.

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Cruise_Control_Retrofitting_(8E)

Thanks

Hi All

I've read through the thread but still not certain what I need

I have MFSW and DIS in my 3.0 tdi A4 B7 cab auto.

What are part numbers I need for cruise control and the cowling I will need ?
Will I need to VCDS it after installing ?

Cheers

Vin

I have fitted cruise to my car and was using this guide as a reference to activate, unfortunately the images are gone in this thread!

Is anyone able to help with the activation for our cars? The website mentions coding the engine too, but I don't quite understand the guide and nothing else I can find on the internet helps.

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Cruise_Control_Retrofitting_(8E)

Thanks

Do the steering module as in the guide, then:

Stolen from elsewhere on here:

01 - Engine
Coding
'11463'

Mine needed to be done with the long coding number so the above didn't work, here's a doc I made which shows how I coded mine: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oj3n6bwf89c9uga/a4 cruise long coding.pdf?dl=0

Do the steering module as in the guide, then:
Thanks Lawrence, I should've said I realised what I was doing wrong and figured out how the vag com coding works, you have to add it together!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

What did you get for 87.00 ?
Vin, you can get it for much less than that. You need to buy the cruise control stalk and cowling, I think I bought mine for around 45 separately.

You will need to activate it with vag com once it is installed.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I only bought the stalk & screws for £27 (eBay) and cut the lower cowl myself. All depends on how much you want to spend and how much time/effort you want to put in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dubcool.pc
Looking for some help guys..

Got the cruise fitted and went to do the coding and when it came to Engine it wouldn't let me select 'Coding II' to enter in the 5 digit code, anyone know why it won't let me do this? Do I have to follow a sequence and do something before this?

If anyone can help that would be great

Looking for some help guys..

Got the cruise fitted and went to do the coding and when it came to Engine it wouldn't let me select 'Coding II' to enter in the 5 digit code, anyone know why it won't let me do this? Do I have to follow a sequence and do something before this?

If anyone can help that would be great
If "Coding II - 11" is greyed out but "Coding - 07" is available have a look at the PDF I linked to a few posts above.

Reactions: Sean_
If "Coding II - 11" is greyed out but "Coding - 07" is available have a look at the PDF I linked to a few posts above.

That's top stuff thanks for that Lawrence!

From memory I think that button is available so will definitely give that a go. Is there anything else I will need to do? Other functions that need to be coded or activated?

That's top stuff thanks for that Lawrence!

From memory I think that button is available so will definitely give that a go. Is there anything else I will need to do? Other functions that need to be coded or activated?
You need to do the steering wheel module as on page 1 of this thread. The method in the PDF is an alternative way of doing the ECU as I had the same problem as you with the button being greyed out.

You need to do the steering wheel module as on page 1 of this thread. The method in the PDF is an alternative way of doing the ECU as I had the same problem as you with the button being greyed out.

Would I be right in saying that these are the only things needed to do when looking to activate CC? I followed a guide in a youtube video and I had changed something in ABS Brakes but never got to finish the coding cause the button was greyed out.

Now I sometimes have my traction light flash up after a 30 minute journey, any ideas?

Would I be right in saying that these are the only things needed to do when looking to activate CC? I followed a guide in a youtube video and I had changed something in ABS Brakes but never got to finish the coding cause the button was greyed out.

Now I sometimes have my traction light flash up after a 30 minute journey, any ideas?
Yep, that's all; steering wheel module and engine ecu. ABS isn't touched.

Can't really help with that one, get it plugged in when the light has come up if you can.

Can't really help with that one, get it plugged in when the light has come up if you can.

Thanks for your help Lawrence! Will give it a go tomorrow.

When it says 'the last part of the coding is to lock the steering wheel to the left and then all the way to the right centralise it then drive straight for 200 yards' where is this function and where do you code it?

When it says 'the last part of the coding is to lock the steering wheel to the left and then all the way to the right centralise it then drive straight for 200 yards' where is this function and where do you code it?

I didn't need to do that. I think that's only needed if the module has been replaced (you've gone from a non-mfsw/cc module to one that supports it).

I didn't need to do that. I think that's only needed if the module has been replaced (you've gone from a non-mfsw/cc module to one that supports it).

Oh well maybe I won't need too either, mine already has MF and everything except CC it didn't work when I tried to do it but I think I done something wrong with one of the codes so I'll give a go tomorrow hopefully it works this time!

Gave this another go and it still didn't work ☹️ when I had activated it in engine and then went to steering wheel and changed the 4th digit then to measuring and went up to 4 to see if it was switched on and it kept saying it was off.

I had tried everything and still no joy, think I'll have to bring it to a garage to get done. Bugging me now it wouldn't activate

Is there a way to refresh the pics? Would love a go at this myself...

Original guide. I missed out a couple of photos but there's enough there to do the job.
Click!

Long coding, in case you can't do it by the method in the original post.
Click!

That's amazing, thanks to you both. Will get started on this retrofit immediately (y)

The pictures are back!
Lower shrouds off, I'll try the switch fit next week.
Wish me luck, I'm going in.

Fitted.
Not too bad probably a bit over an hour but I wasn't timing.
What I discovered:
Didn't need to remove the fiddly harness from the airbag, the yellow plug will pull towards you if you pull on the purple release catch, then take the wheel off as 1 lump.
I had to raise the indicator stalk unit to allow the CC stalk in. Not difficult, 2 small screws on indicator block, 2 small screws on wiper block and 1 Allen screw underneath, then just separate the indicator block from the connector plate enough to drop the CC switch in.

VCDS next

Great guide thank you.

Just done it myself, but I accidentally let the squib rotate slightly, is this going to be an issue, as its all back together now but the airbag light is on? Have'nt had the chance to get it coded yet.

This happened to me and I'd broke enough of the ribbon inside that my steering wheel radio controls stopped working too. NHN helped to fit me a new one. He knows a lot about these so maybe PM him or maybe he'll reply here.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Hi guys, great thread, thanks very much to the knowledgeable contributors.

I've a 2005 2.0 TFSI DTM and am finding myself stuck between average speed cameras a lot recently, so CC would be handy. However, I've got no buttons on my wheel, control module p/n 8E0953549S, which this thread suggests means my car isn't compatible with cruise control.

So, my question is what's involved in upgrading this module to one that allows me to add CC?

Status
Not open for further replies.