Cruise control installation guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same happened with mine and turns out I had a faulty clutch switch.

Plug it back into vag com and check if the clutch switch is working

Hi Bigmac81!

Thanks for your reply :)

Would you happen to know how I can check if the clutch switch is working?

And if it is not - is it a case of making changes through VCDS?
Sorry if my questions are dumb, newbie me...

Nice one Bigmac :)

Thanks a ton! Will give it a try later and see what the results are.
One thing I did (wrong) was activating the cruise while it was on the ON position. Found somewhere it has to be on OFF.

Will redo that as well see if there's any changes?

Will this be the same on a A4 b7 2008 cab?

Yes, it is the same on all of the B7's.
I fitted mine yesterday evening, but as you can see above I have some issues getting it to work :(

Did a pretty good job myself at cutting the cowling with the hacksaw. if you look on the inside you will see it marked.

Good luck!!!

Did the measuring and as suspected, the **flipping** switch is gone.

Below depressed and pressed for the clutch.
I played with the cruise control as well and the figures in the "Cruise Control Switch Monitoring" are changing for each button that I press.
At least the installation was successful :)

Looking to get a switch now - anyone knows suppliers around Birmingham that stock it so I can buy it tomorrow?

Depressed
Pressed

Clutch Switch changed and it is still not working!!!!!

Really driving me crazy!
All the values change when I press the brakes, clutch, turn the cruise on/off, press the buttons and move it up and down. - checked
The value in steering wheel is correct - checked
Went in Engine and the value is 00000? (No saving)

Re-did the coding, control module accepted it:
Capture

When I went back though:
Capture1

This is really driving me nuts!!!

Before this, I also did a scan of the codes and cleared them all.

There was nothing major (I think?)
Address 03: ABS Brakes Labels: 8E0-910-517.clb
Part No SW: 8E0 910 517 H HW: 8E0 614 517 BF
Component: ESP8 FRONT H06 0140
Revision: 00000000 Serial number: 00000000000000
Coding: 0004405
Shop #: WSC 06325 000 00000
VCID: 2C4F137B160BC26293D8325-8078

1 Fault Found:
01826 - Sensor for Steering Angle (G85); Supply Voltage Terminal 30
000 - - - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100000
Fault Priority: 3
Fault Frequency: 3
Reset counter: 39
Time Indication: 0

Freeze Frame:
Hex Value: 0x0000
Hex Value: 0x4222
Hex Value: 0x0024
Hex Value: 0x0196
Hex Value: 0x0001

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 16: Steering wheel Labels: 8E0-953-549.lbl
Part No: 8E0 953 549 Q
Component: Lenksáulenmodul 0801
Coding: 04041
Shop #: WSC 06325
VCID: 419152CF81893A3A50EE1B9-4B00

1 Fault Found:
01044 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded
35-10 - - - Intermittent

Address 46: Central Conv. Labels: 8E0-959-433-MAX.lbl
Part No: 8E0 959 433 CQ
Component: Komfortgerát T3B 4336
Coding: 11848
Shop #: WSC 06325
VCID: 02139DC3C40FE1220974CCD-4B1A

Subsystem 1 - Part No: 8E2959802F
Component: Tõrsteuer.FS BRM 0606

Subsystem 2 - Part No: 8E2959801F
Component: Tõrsteuer.BF BRM 0606

Subsystem 3 - Part No: 8E0959801E
Component: Tõrsteuer.HL BRM 0606

Subsystem 4 - Part No: 8E0959802E
Component: Tõrsteuer.HR BRM 0606

2 Faults Found:
01370 - Alarm triggered by Interior Monitoring
35-00 - -
00955 - Key 1
35-10 - - - Intermittent

Cleared them all, took it for a spin and went back in Steering wheel, but there was no error anymore.

The only thing I could think of is:
Followed this guy's guide and changed 46 (Central convenience) to 11852. No errors there I see. Also removed the seatbelt chime using the same guide.
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/306018-B6-B7-S4-DIY-VAG-COM-Modification-Walk-Through
The only strange thing to the car I noticed is that when I open the driver's door, it shows as the passenger. Same applies to the passenger door which shows as driver's door. Think it's because I should have added +00218 for RHD

Does anyone have any idea on how to make this CC work?

P.S. Found this other guide that says further changes are needed to ABS, Steering Sensor etc.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6P...WFiNDUtMTg4YzEyZDc1NjEz/edit?ddrp=1&hl=en_GB#

Last edited:
Anyone fancy a few beers in the new year to help fit and code this for me? By help I mean do with me peering over your shoulder and asking probably very dumb questions lol

Big.B

How did you get on with this? As for the 0000 coding, it just reverts back to zero once you've saved it, so assuming the switch is doing the correct things in vagcom, the coding worked. Do you get a response from every single button on the cruise switch, and does it match the vagcom outputs?

Triggerboo

Where abouts are you?

Big.B

How did you get on with this? As for the 0000 coding, it just reverts back to zero once you've saved it, so assuming the switch is doing the correct things in vagcom, the coding worked. Do you get a response from every single button on the cruise switch, and does it match the vagcom outputs?

Triggerboo

Where abouts are you?

I spend half my week in Huddersfield and half my week in Leigh. But can travel within reason

Hey guys

I bought a full CC kit and installed it today. Followed this guide and the physical install went ok. I followed the instructions for VCDS coding and that seemed to be successful but I am not getting any feedback from the new stalk.

This is what the measuring blocks show. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453149495246253

I've successfully installed CC on my MK4 golf and that was much more complex -_-

Problem solved. The CC switch wasn't fully seated, now all works fine. Doh.

Reactions: triggerboo
How much are you looking at to get this fitted in total?

Hi, ive bought the kit and think I am ok with fitting it, might change my mind as I don't like playing with airbags but need someone to do the coding bit, ive looked on the VCDS map but theres no one nearby who can do it, no response from any of them so far and they haven't been online for a while, I'm based in Hollesley Suffolk, can anyone help fit and code or just do the job for me?

Hi lads first of all I'm sorry for bringing an old thread back to life...I'm wanting to fit cruise control in my A4 B8 and I've seen a few people selling the stalk online, i just just wanted some clarification before i bought one, as long as the stalk has come out of another A4 B8 would it fit my car?

Cheers

Hi lads first of all I'm sorry for bringing an old thread back to life...I'm wanting to fit cruise control in my A4 B8 and I've seen a few people selling the stalk online, i just just wanted some clarification before i bought one, as long as the stalk has come out of another A4 B8 would it fit my car?

Cheers
Yea should be fine just check if you have a avant that it's out of a avant as the saloon doesn't have the wiper function m8

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Its a minefield, you have to match your current stalk features/PR codes or you could lose features or cause issues with others, there are allot of versions so beware.

If you wanted an all in supply/fit solution, ping me a pm.

Yea should be fine just check if you have a avant that it's out of a avant as the saloon doesn't have the wiper function m8

Everytime I try buying one they tell me to go check with Audi first because theres too many different types...this is the one I've got my eye on 8K0953502A4PK, does anyone know if this would fit a saloon?

Cheers

Everytime I try buying one they tell me to go check with Audi first because theres too many different types...this is the one I've got my eye on 8K0953502A4PK, does anyone know if this would fit a saloon?

Cheers
Hi I would try getting a written quote from audi for it then use the part numbers to search for the correct one m8

Hi Guy`s im wanting to fit the cc to my cab,does anyone in leeds or nearby do a supply and fit service car is a b7 2.0 tdi,if not can someone tell me
what stalk i need.

Have you had your car scanned to see if the correct module for cruise control is fitted,what steering wheel do you have and at £80 its a bit expensive as i only paid £22 for mine,the oem lower cowl is only £44 from the dealer.

What do you need to do if you have a 3 spoke non-mfsw, sline b7? are the parts different?

After more reading on Google and here, it seems most think only the R module works? alot Ross tech, audi zone, audi sport have conflicting opinions on which modules work? My module ends in S, has anyone successfully installed just the stalk with the S module?

im in need of help here with the coding..
tried numerous ways to do it and the abs simply wont code..
my sccm its a Q version and was suposed to work but cant get round it..
do i need a new sccm or is there something im missing.?
i did take all the steps crefully when fitting and its doing my head in not being able to code it properly.
any help will be much appreciated..

oh..at one time the stering angle sensor showed it was ok but the coding still was 00000.

Hey Guys, new here and new to audi, just got a 2005 a4 2.0 tfsi quattro B7, 6 speed man. I dont have DIS. so can i still fit CC and then DIS, if not how can i find out if my car is compatible to take CC?

Many thanks

Daza

You need to check steering column module part number as per above. Find someone near you with vcds, or remove it (takes 15mins to remove with right tools)

Reactions: Daza
This should help :-

ok, so am i right in thinking that as i have a mfsw i will have at least midline, and can therefore buy the CC and DIS stalks and just fit them, then get coding done?

If you have mfsw, then module is ok.

We fit cc & dis stalks if of interest.

If you have mfsw, then module is ok.

We fit cc & dis stalks if of interest.
Thanks mate, although priority's have just changed, got a blocked oil pick up pip, i think, just hoping the pump hasn't gone aswell. Havnt got a pump for a B7 quattro have you lol

Hi there, is it a torx 55 needed to remove the steering wheel?
What's the correct torque setting to tighten it back again?
Thanks

Hi guys, greetings from Lithuania (where salaries are low and suicide-percentage is highest :D)
I've installed Cruise Control stalk to my B7 2005 3.0TDI Quattro Avant (6-speed manual). To do that I needed to change my steering wheel control module because originally it came with 8e0-953-549-s.
First I changed it to 8e0-953-549-L (doh!). I recalibrated my ESP, all errors dissapeared. Made VIN adaptation for steering wheel control module, turned on Cruise Control in both Steering Wheel Electronics and Engine blocks on VCDS. Measurement blocks shows me that stalk is working perfect. Clutch switch was faulty, but I replaced it too, now it works good. But despite of that cruise control does not work, VCDS says 01044 control module incorrectly coded 35-00 on Steering Wheel Electronics module and Check DTC for Steering Wheel Electronics on Engine module, those are two errors I get. I know that coding is good (00042 because I drive manual, there are standart steering wheel, dis and cruise control is installed and it's Avant). I presumet that module needs to be replaced because it's from B6 (may want to install MFSW in future too), so I brought 8e0-953-549-Q, repeated all steps... But still, I am getting same errors and cruise control is not functional :/ One change is, when coding Engine, G letter now appears, on older module it didn't ;)

I tried to recode my module (disable cruise control, leave only cruise control on, change steering wheel type), but no luck :/
What else can I do? Do I need to add some wire as mentioned on VCDS page? There are tutorials for B7 who doesn't say anything about additional wire.

Please help me, this cruise control is driving me crazy at stable speed :/

cant help with coding m8 but the extra with i think ou might be on about is to do with the washer fluid waring you get if you dont have the sensor fitted so nothing to do with extra wire.

if you have the waring on all the time and have topped up thenn you dont have the sensor and do need to ground the wire on pin blue bock on back of dials

Status
Not open for further replies.