cruise control fitting...

cwuk2001

Reaction score
hi all unfourtanately my car was not fourtanate enough to have cruise control fitted out the factory :( im thinking about having it installed so what is the process in doing so? l live in west yorkshire so what do i need to be looing for and what prices shall i expect?

regards chris

Hi, I had it installed from a member on here, excellent service and price! ID was jb0o name is Jonny!

I did mine myself - theres a load of stuff on all the forums about what you need etc.. depends on your steering wheel mainly if you have the multifunction wheel you probably have the correct electronics behind the wheel. (i cant remember the exact word for it)

i think it cost be around £25 that was for the stalk and the underside steering column cover direct from audi. fairly simple procedure to fit, remove airbag,steering wheel (make sure you mark the position on both the wheel and the spine else your wheel will be off center) the remove the other stalk and place the cruise control stalk underneath they interlock.. put all back together.. i brought a vag lead from china works fine and allowed me to do all the coding needed i think theres 2 or three bits but its all on the forums and wiki vagcom

i think it cost be around £25 that was for the stalk and the underside steering column cover direct from audi.

Those 2 items arent £25 new from audi, I can assure you fella.

they certainly were im sure i have the paperwork somewhere ill have a look they were from stoke Audi about 1yr ago..

The steering column cover will cost that alone with discount. If I remember rightly, I paid (approx), £25.00 for the cowel, £35 for the CC stalk, about £50 for the wiper stalk with DIS controls and about £10 for the washer bottle level sensor.

they certainly were im sure i have the paperwork somewhere ill have a look they were from stoke Audi about 1yr ago..

You did very well then! I can only assume the parts guy has got his pricing wrong somehow. Otherwise that is a cracking discount.

You did very well then! I can only assume the parts guy has got his pricing wrong somehow. Otherwise that is a cracking discount.

i did think they messed up as the guy seemed very confused with what stalk i needed even tho i gave him the exact code - he was saying something about it been a different stalk if retrofitting i told him i wanted the one i gave him the part no for. not sure if that made a difference.. im guessing thet didnt charge me for the stalk or visa verse, either way i was happy with the price - it did make me laugh when i asked them how much it would be for them to code the car they wanted £150 hence buying a cheap vag lead

Yeah exactly, either he cocked up the price or he was leaving that day, they dont sell these at that price unless there's another reason like shelf stock 2yrs old.

Anyway who cares, you got a ****** cheap deal lol.