Cruise control cutting out

chanlon1

Reaction score
Website
www.babybmw.net
My S3 SB is about 5 weeks old now.
It's s-tronic and has the cruise control that was part of the comfort pack.

Every morning en route to work, I am on the same stretch of road - 30mph limit - and u have the cruise set to 32mph.

I hit the same right hand corner, not a sharp turn, you probably could take it at 50mph and the cruise cuts out as if you have dabbed the brakes. I have driven round the corner knowing my feet are no where near the pedals and it still happens.

This is the only time I have had problems with it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

It should tell you in the DIS why it cuts out, but I suspect that it's because the stability program has cut in, which is one of the reasons the CC will cut out.

Is it easy to see on the DIS where the reason is?
If be surprised it's the stability as I'm only going 32mph, but since it happens every time it is easy to replicate.
I'll take a look and report back.

Thanks

Mine brings up a message that takes up the whole display and gives a 'beep' noise when it does it as well

My S3 does this when I hit a specific part of road en route to work.
Slight uneven part of road and always shuts cruise off.
Doesn't do it any other time.

It might be the brake switch - getting switch bounce on the uneven bit of road

I also get this with my ACC. Was going to call Audi and ask them to look at it. It makes it rather dangerous if you're relying on ACC to brake for you and suddenly you get a nice friendly ping and a coasting car. I know I shouldn't rely on ACC to brake for you but it should be designed to work properly and be trustworthy.

I also get this with my ACC. Was going to call Audi and ask them to look at it. It makes it rather dangerous if you're relying on ACC to brake for you and suddenly you get a nice friendly ping and a coasting car. I know I shouldn't rely on ACC to brake for you but it should be designed to work properly and be trustworthy.

I agree, that's not good. I would have expected there to be a huge red flashing symbol on the DIS to alert you to this. I've always found the alert tones to be fairly quiet, compared with the volume of the music I'm normally listening to. Hopefully pre-sense front will still be active to avert any real disaster.

I haven't had the chance to contact my dealer, but it's still happening.

I've paid close attention to the DIS and absolutely nothing is appearing.
The little green circle symbol indicating cruise is on, just goes out.