Cruise coding on 3.2 A4 login code?

kndkris

Reaction score
Hey all,
well i have the cruise installed but am having issues with the coding. I have an 05 A4 Avant 3.2 v6 i have set the Engine coding (long coding) to accept the Cruise which was no problem but when i go to set the Steering Wheel coding it wont change it just reverts back to what it was. The login button is appearing so i assume i need to login before it will allow me to make the change, but i have no idea where to get the Login code from?
You can see in the pics below what i mean.

Does anyone know how to find this code?

logincode.jpg

steeringwheelcode.jpg

So from scouring the net it seems that i should not have to login to 16, does it have anything to do with the workshop #, as in if i change that to 00000 then it will go away?

Forget about the 'login' bit and click Coding - 07 when in the steering section. It should open a window that has alot of numbers in it. Change the 2nd last one to 4.

Cheers Adam, tried that like 100 times now, after i press Do It it returns to the screen but has not updated the code. Hence why i thought i must have to Login first.

Are you sure that steering control module is suitable for cruise control?

If it isn't then it just won't accept the coding. You should be able to see a bubble on the screen telling you what coding to enter for cc.

Is there an adaptation button below the coding button? If so, click that and see what you are able to change.

I'll give it another go this morning, i think the control module is suitable, its the correct number that everyone has in their guides. yes the adaption option is available, not sure what its for though.

Finally got it, someone on vwaudi forums was right, the workshop code could not be 00000 i just changed it to 12345 and bingo it accepts the new steering wheell code!!!!! so stoked.