Creaky suspension

jaya4

Reaction score
Just thought id ask if anyone else has experienced creaky suspension whilst manovering their a4 black edition. It doesnt make any knocks or bangs/creaks whilst driving along at any speed,just creaks alot like when i pull out of the drive down a slight slope or going very slowly up or down slight inclines.
P.s also audi had it back for a warranty job the other day and they said they had done a healthcheck on the car and nothing was flagged up.

Just thought id ask if anyone else has experienced creaky suspension whilst manovering their a4 black edition. It doesnt make any knocks or bangs/creaks whilst driving along at any speed,just creaks alot like when i pull out of the drive down a slight slope or going very slowly up or down slight inclines.
P.s also audi had it back for a warranty job the other day and they said they had done a healthcheck on the car and nothing was flagged up. View attachment 57334

Is this problem you guys are experiencing while sterring is on lock at all? or in revers?

I also have the same noise from front drivers side, usually when at slow speeds, parking up, uneven ground and almost full lock.
I have 2009 model - I believe there may have been an issue with the grease hardening in the ball joints.
Would love to fix it myself but there are no manuals around, so probably going to have to take it to a garage and be charged £££.

Hi geoffdunk it seems to only do it on un even ground at low speed whilst parking. Not sure on full lock. Its still under warranty from Audi so do you think i should take it in? Just dont want them to say its bcoz the s line suspension is stiffer than normal but i dont think it should do it.

I also have the same noise from front drivers side, usually when at slow speeds, parking up, uneven ground and almost full lock.
I have 2009 model - I believe there may have been an issue with the grease hardening in the ball joints.
Would love to fix it myself but there are no manuals around, so probably going to have to take it to a garage and be charged £££.
interesting mancdan i will look into that

Are you
Hi geoffdunk it seems to only do it on un even ground at low speed whilst parking. Not sure on full lock. Its still under warranty from Audi so do you think i should take it in? Just dont want them to say its bcoz the s line suspension is stiffer than normal but i dont think it should do it.
2wd or quattro?

The reason I ask is because the is a known scenario called diff scrub, worse when diff oil is cold and the larger the wheel rim the worse it is also. Its all down to suspension geomtery. Its acceptable and my B6 S4 running on 18's was noisey when cold and a little noisey when warm but its expected. My RS4 on 20's is really bad 1st thing when reversing out of my drive on full lock, the tyres really scrub badly but its also accpetable and expected.

If I hadn't of learnt about it on my S4 i'd be really concerned with the RS. This may not be what you guys are expiencing and I appologise if its not, it was just a thought.

All Porsche's suffer the same without a front diff with 19s and 20s.