creaking suspension

spencerjoel

Reaction score
Ive got a creaking noise coming from my rear drivers side suspension, going over some speed bumps, and up driveways etc it'll creak as the suspension 'flexes'
just wondering if anybody had any ideas as to what it could be, and should I be worrying about it? I haven't had the car long and was wondering if it could be that the suspension is knackered or maybe new?
Cheers.
P.S I no longer have the quattro if this makes a difference, its now a 2wd TDI.

It will be the bushes on the ARB's I would imagine. Mine does it all the time, but can't be bothered to replace them.

Yes me too same problem,
I thought the tracking had been done at some time and they left lock nuts loose.
It is a worring sounding noise.

01 X reg same thing
have heard its a time consuming fix but the parts are cheap

how much people paid to have all the work done ??

Got the ARBs and bushes changed yesterday at Glasgow Audi and the creaking has now completely gone! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

I'm no longer embarrased driving my S3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hope you don't mind me asking, but how much did Glasgow Audi charge? I think mines on there way out.

Audi need to do a recall on this issue. My old 1.8TQ had the problem, two of my mates have had the same thing and there are loads of people on here with the same thing. Somebody on TS.N got quoted £400 by Wayside Audi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

They need to sort this out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

Mines doing this too. Is it covered by the warranty or deemed wear and tear?

This work is covered by warranty.

I never checked how much this would cost if the car was out of warrany.

I agree on the recall, it seems loads of people have experienced this problem. Probably due to the roads being crap though....