Facelift Creaking sunroof

T

Tristan2

this has just started if I open the sunroof on tilt or more the creaking stops
What’s the best way to fix this without taking to the dealer?

Reactions: evil_scooby
Has the car had any body repairs. Late wife had creaks from a Pano roof for over a year and it transpired that cooking a minor paint repair in oven loosened the glue that holds in the roof!

Applying dry lube on the runners and seals can help to get rid off creaks and squeaks.

Krytox

And here’s a guide

8c24a4deefaed16c055b8bdfd5f8e3c1.jpg

5e521aef1d18b5e20d33988cdbc30f6e.jpg

04e17d279f2bf8bd1e275b40051bb97f.jpg

4a07e4f26dc4c9eeb44732bcecf2ae63.jpg

296f361340c1247fb5fc97fbf653850b.jpg

04d287dbc34a01cf3a2c3e6b459a1507.jpg

2df5458f4527d54040c7e436db757ab6.jpg

74a2406ed9e06403ee7e7655ae19e3e6.jpg

6b546db397dff3b0e50c56a1a5a7cd04.jpg

40261ffc7b316776e2ec5a4c281bd42c.jpg

Reactions: V6_Man, Jassyo06, D0C and 3 others
Thanks guys looks like a trip to the dealers then

Definitely let them do it mate... just politely point them in the directing of that instruction and don’t let them start taking things apart haha

Reactions: Tristan2
Krytox

And here’s a guide

8c24a4deefaed16c055b8bdfd5f8e3c1.jpg

5e521aef1d18b5e20d33988cdbc30f6e.jpg

04e17d279f2bf8bd1e275b40051bb97f.jpg

4a07e4f26dc4c9eeb44732bcecf2ae63.jpg

296f361340c1247fb5fc97fbf653850b.jpg

04d287dbc34a01cf3a2c3e6b459a1507.jpg

2df5458f4527d54040c7e436db757ab6.jpg

74a2406ed9e06403ee7e7655ae19e3e6.jpg

6b546db397dff3b0e50c56a1a5a7cd04.jpg

40261ffc7b316776e2ec5a4c281bd42c.jpg

This really ****** me off. The roof need a new frame; not grease. They did that to my roof and its creaking again. Worse than before.

Cheap ******* Audi. IF they grease it it will happen again.

Mine was in at the dealers recently for, among other things, a creaking sunroof. Only happened when it was closed. They did the grease which improved it a lot, but the creak was still there. When it went back for other work to be finished, they did it properly by dropping the roof lining and adjusting the mechanism. All is silent now :)

Reactions: Phil3
Mine was in at the dealers recently for, among other things, a creaking sunroof. Only happened when it was closed. They did the grease which improved it a lot, but the creak was still there. When it went back for other work to be finished, they did it properly by dropping the roof lining and adjusting the mechanism. All is silent now :)

LOL within 3 months it will be making a noise again. The fix with grease and anything else other than replacing it is a temp measure. It’s the dealer cheaping out.

Against my better judgement and advice from other forums I took the plunge and had my sunroof cassette replaced. There has been a creak since day one which really only manifested itself when driving off/on my drive, however it then started to make metallic cracking noises akin to a hand clap. After several visits to the dealer to have the sunroof lubricated, which made little difference, I was advised that the only way forward was to have the complete cassette replaced. The car was at the dealer for two days and now I have a creak and rattle free sunroof, really pleased with Caffyns Audi who even gave me a complimentary bottle of a top branded whiskey. Happy Days.

I should add that my car sunroof is now making noises again. And has been the last couple of months.

I am not sure exactly what was changed on my roof so I need it back to the dealer to look at.

When I had this issue on my S3 the replacement was perfect so either they didn’t do a good enough job on my RS3 sunroof or they changed something different to what was done to my S3.

These reports are what have always put me off sunroofs ... as rattles and squeaks really do my head in - especially if the Dealer can't fix them.

Saying that, my wife got a new VW Golf last year which has a pano roof and that is totally squeak free so somewhat restored my faith.

These reports are what have always put me off sunroofs ... as rattles and squeaks really do my head in - especially if the Dealer can't fix them.

Saying that, my wife got a new VW Golf last year which has a pano roof and that is totally squeak free so somewhat restored my faith.

Stafford Audi sorted my SQ5. Ok, their first attempt was only 90% effective but once I'd told 'em it "wasn't 100%" they requested I take it back and let 'em have another go - that was 3rd April and nothing, absolutely nothing since. So yes, it can be done. Like every other issue we've had with these RS3 cars having a good dealership and dealership relationship is paramount.

Reactions: sve170, deepy, V6_Man and 1 other person
I should add that my car sunroof is now making noises again. And has been the last couple of months.

I am not sure exactly what was changed on my roof so I need it back to the dealer to look at.

When I had this issue on my S3 the replacement was perfect so either they didn’t do a good enough job on my RS3 sunroof or they changed something different to what was done to my S3.

That's not good news, fingers crossed that my noises don't return

Took my SQ5 to Lincoln Audi today to sort noisy Panoroof issue before warranty ends. Very disappointed that they wouldn’t investigate until Pano roof service £196.63 and Pano roof water drainage check £75.00 carried out. Both now service items every 2yrs/40k. What a con! Needless to say they won’t be getting my money.

This is the reason I didn’t go for the roof. Had the same problem in my C63, there was nothing that would get rid of it. I have come to the conclusion if the car has a different set up the roof creaks, if it’s on the softer side it seems to be ok. My wife RRS doesn’t creak at all and the roof is huge

Those roofs are RS! Ie. rat s....t I had my whole roof replaced, Audi confirmed it is a known problem. It was a great for a few months and now noisy again.

Those roofs are RS! Ie. rat s....t I had my whole roof replaced, Audi confirmed it is a known problem. It was a great for a few months and now noisy again.

One thing you could try is using wonder wipes on the seals every time you wash the car. This removes all of the silicone (from washing/detailing products) from the seals and does help. It will come back but it did remove it for a while. It helps with frameless windows as well.

You can pick them up from amazon

See Post #15

Paid me £s and had it sorted! And it remains sorted! And is used lots and lots: tip-and- slide and tip-and-slide and still no creak/rattle/noise, just silent!

Mega HAPPY we purchased a 2016 AUDI SQ5 with a panoroof... :yahoo: Be keeping it a looooong time. :thumbs up:

Stafford Audi sorted my SQ5. Ok, their first attempt was only 90% effective but once I'd told 'em it "wasn't 100%" they requested I take it back and let 'em have another go - that was 3rd April and nothing, absolutely nothing since. So yes, it can be done. Like every other issue we've had with these RS3 cars having a good dealership and dealership relationship is paramount.

Absolutely correct, the Audi technicians are highly trained but if the attitude is wrong then us owners don’t stand a chance.

I always hope that I get a dedicated technician who 100% respects my car, does a good job and fixes the issues I have reported but through experience it is not always the case, and before you know it the car is back in the dealer to get it fixed again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk