1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facelift Creaking sunroof

Tristan2 Oct 4, 2018

1. Tristan2

Tristan2 Well-Known Member Team Nardo Bronze Supporter Audi RS3 saloon quattro DSG

this has just started if I open the sunroof on tilt or more the creaking stops
    What’s the best way to fix this without taking to the dealer?

evil_scooby likes this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Well-Known Member Team Mythos Team Daytona Team Phantom Audi RS3 Audi RS4 Audi S3 Black Edition Navarra Blue Classic Audi A1

Has the car had any body repairs. Late wife had creaks from a Pano roof for over a year and it transpired that cooking a minor paint repair in oven loosened the glue that holds in the roof!

4. Slowracer

Slowracer Active Member

Applying dry lube on the runners and seals can help to get rid off creaks and squeaks.

5. T-800

T-800 Well-Known Member Team Glacier TFSI Owners Group VCDS Map User Audi RS3 quattro Sportback S tronic MQB Platform

Krytox

And here’s a guide

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jassyo06, D0C, steve111b and 2 others like this.
  6. DW81

DW81 Well-Known Member

That is some ‘how to’:icon thumright:

7. Tristan2

Tristan2 Well-Known Member Team Nardo Bronze Supporter Audi RS3 saloon quattro DSG

Thanks guys looks like a trip to the dealers then

8. Phil3

Phil3 Well-Known Member Team Nardo Audi RS3 Saloon

Definitely let them do it mate... just politely point them in the directing of that instruction and don’t let them start taking things apart haha

Tristan2 likes this.
  9. billymc92

billymc92 2018 Ara Blue Facelift RS3

They will have the rear seats removed to do this....

10. Spinstorm

Spinstorm Well-Known Member

This really pisses me off. The roof need a new frame; not grease. They did that to my roof and its creaking again. Worse than before.

Cheap ******* Audi. IF they grease it it will happen again.

11. TurboBen

TurboBen Active Member

Mine was in at the dealers recently for, among other things, a creaking sunroof. Only happened when it was closed. They did the grease which improved it a lot, but the creak was still there. When it went back for other work to be finished, they did it properly by dropping the roof lining and adjusting the mechanism. All is silent now :)

Phil3 likes this.
  12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. Spinstorm

Spinstorm Well-Known Member

LOL within 3 months it will be making a noise again. The fix with grease and anything else other than replacing it is a temp measure. It’s the dealer cheaping out.