Creaking seat belt post

dadracer55

Reaction score
Well I finally tracked the creaking noise to my drivers side seat belt post. If I squeeze the latch which the belt clicks into while driving along the creaking stops. There seems to be some "give" in it which isn't present on the other seat belt post or other latches. My question is has anyone else experienced this and found a cure or should I just get the dealer to replace in under warranty? Oh and its on a 67 FL S3 saloon.

Reactions: Jimbob76
I have this issue with the drivers side too, I just move the adjuster up and down. It does not happen that often for me. Although recently the passenger side has started to rattle. It's not the same as the drivers side, at first I thought it was the seatbelt buckle knocking against the pillar but it sounds like it's inside the adjuster.

Hi Josul, sorry I didn't explain it very well. I am meaning the post that the seat belt clips into between the 2 front seats.

Ah ok, when you say give; is that in the clip when the belt clips in or the post moving? If its the post, is it rubbing against the centre console or your seat? You can adjust the angel of it, if it is. If its the clip that doesnt feel right get them to change it under warranty.

Thanks, yes I'm going to take it to the dealer as it doesn't seem the same as the passenger side, so they can sort it while I drink tea!

Reactions: josul and Sandra
I think this is what I’m getting. Never thought about the seatbelt post. It only happens on certain type of roads and there’s a slight vibrations form something.
Sometimes get it when the volume is a bit high from stereo as well.

Well I finally tracked the creaking noise to my drivers side seat belt post. If I squeeze the latch which the belt clicks into while driving along the creaking stops. There seems to be some "give" in it which isn't present on the other seat belt post or other latches. My question is has anyone else experienced this and found a cure or should I just get the dealer to replace in under warranty? Oh and its on a 67 FL S3 saloon.

Had a similar issue on mine, funnily enough, just the last few days. Seems to be the seat belt post shifting out of position and rubbing against the drivers seat. When I was driving and noticed this and pushed the seat belt post away from the seat with my hand it stopped. Gave it a gentle tap with a rubber mallet today (with microfibre in between) to move it off the seat in this direction...

B5409A17 E068 42A2 9C7F 52139383E358

Confident this should solve the problem, but haven’t been able to drive her this weekend and test as picked up a screw in the near side front tyre on Friday (mobile tyre fitter coming out tomorrow!).

Hope this helps @dadracer55 (love the username BTW :sunglasses:)

Reactions: Lehn
I have this issue with the drivers side too, I just move the adjuster up and down. It does not happen that often for me. Although recently the passenger side has started to rattle. It's not the same as the drivers side, at first I thought it was the seatbelt buckle knocking against the pillar but it sounds like it's inside the adjuster.
Same as mine. I've put tape on it as a temporary fix until I get it to the dealers.

Reactions: AlS3BE and josul