Creaking rear suspension

craigomills

Reaction score
3 days old A6 BE Avant. Creaking noise from rear suspension when going over bumps and speed humps. Anyone else had the same? To say I'm gutted is an understatement.

I’ve not heard creaking but did her a metallic noise from the rear suspension but only with the windows open. Hope you can get into the dealer quickly so sort.

Mid January... Really taken the gloss of what is a lovely car.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

3 days old A6 BE Avant. Creaking noise from rear suspension when going over bumps and speed humps. Anyone else had the same? To say I'm gutted is an understatement.

I have the creaking noise to at low speeds. I’m going to call the dealership about it. Car is 2 weeks old.

Well I spoke to soon. I’ve noticed today some creaking coming from the rear when going over speed bumps. However when I took the car out again the creaking appeared to have stopped. Strange.

Had this issue around 6 months ago. Sent car back to dealer and they found the fault to be coming from the rear right lower arm bushing. Had both left and right side changed under warranty.
Mine is a 2019 45 TFSI.

When I bounced the car so to speak I could hear the creaking from the rear right suspension. But then the noise went when I drove the car again. Trip to the dealer - car is less than a week old! Just come from a RR Velar and didn’t visit the dealers once for warranty work in 3 years!!!

Yep, sounds like mine definitely from the rear right side. It did go for a day or Sao but now it's back. Car has 300 miles on the clock...

Must be a dodgy batch of parts that are failing. Not sure how quick I will get into my local dealer!

Yep mine is definitely creaking. Local Dealer is closed today so hope I can get in quickly. Quite annoying but it seems a like a wider issue.

Issue is resolved. I took my car to the dealership and the tech found that the drivers dust boot and bump stop was installed incorrectly. They removed the bump stop, lubber, reinstalled it. That is coming from the service advisor.

Issue is resolved. I took my car to the dealership and the tech found that the drivers dust boot and bump stop was installed incorrectly. They removed the bump stop, lubber, reinstalled it. That is coming from the service advisor.

Must have been assembled on a Friday afternoon! Glad you got it resolved

Must have been assembled on a Friday afternoon! Glad you got it resolved
Mine went in today, was told the same about the bump stop but on way home it still makes exactly the same noise... Waste of a trip and a taxi fare home. Not impressed.

You must be annoyed. Does yours creak every time now? Mine hasn't for the last few times that I have driven the car. Would you say it’s worse when raining / wet?

Mine went in today, was told the same about the bump stop but on way home it still makes exactly the same noise... Waste of a trip and a taxi fare home. Not impressed.

Wait what? You aren’t making your dealership cover the cost of transport home for warranty jobs? The moment I start talking about me billing them for a rental car I suddenly get a courtesy car.

Wait what? You aren’t making your dealership cover the cost of transport home for warranty jobs? The moment I start talking about me billing them for a rental car I suddenly get a courtesy car.
Apparently the dealer now want to wait until they can go in the car with me to listen to the suspension noise which will not be until after lockdown which could (and no doubt will be) months away.

Never even thought about them covering the cost of travel from the dealer Will do when it next goes in though.

Never even thought about them covering the cost of travel from the dealer Will do when it next goes in though.

Might work might not depending on the circumstances. Back in the summer when I had my alternator recall done, the first time I dropped off the car in the AM and got a courtesy car, only to be called in the PM that they didn’t have the parts in stock and to come collect the car. So I rebooked. Second time round they claimed they didn’t have a courtesy car available, so I put my foot down and told them that this is their fault dragging me in twice and taking my my mobility away without other arrangements - I had the one year service/oil change booked for the same day to save on trips to the dealer so I made it quite clear that I expect the cost of a rental car deducted from the service costs. Very soon thereafter I had the keys to a 20 plate A1 in hand. Needless to say I didn’t bother refuelling it and gave it back with just fumes left in the tank.

Might work might not depending on the circumstances. Back in the summer when I had my alternator recall done, the first time I dropped off the car in the AM and got a courtesy car, only to be called in the PM that they didn’t have the parts in stock and to come collect the car. So I rebooked. Second time round they claimed they didn’t have a courtesy car available, so I put my foot down and told them that this is their fault dragging me in twice and taking my my mobility away without other arrangements - I had the one year service/oil change booked for the same day to save on trips to the dealer so I made it quite clear that I expect the cost of a rental car deducted from the service costs. Very soon thereafter I had the keys to a 20 plate A1 in hand. Needless to say I didn’t bother refuelling it and gave it back with just fumes left in the tank.
Intersting point you raise there. My car is booked to go in next week for its first service (pre-pandemic Longlife seemed to make sense!). Had the dealer on the phone this morning saying they did not have the new alternator and it was on back order so they were cancelling the service because, as it was a safety recall, they could not let me drive away if the work had not been done. I will therefore now be driving around in a car that is continually nagging me to get a service and who knows with all the lockdowns around Europe when the parts will be available

Well the rear suspension knocking / creaking is back with a vengeance today. Managed to take a recording of the racket. Not sure if it was a result of the very cold morning though the day before no noise!!!

Car went in this week to look at the issue and like others on this thread the bump stop was repositioned but the issue continues albeit slightly different knocking sound. Clearly this is a wider issue. Anyone managed to get this sorted - can’t be the bump stop!