Creaking rear suspension

Urban Sports

Reaction score
300 miles in and the rear suspension is creaking, anybody else have this highly annoying issue?

Is the the cold?

My nearly 8 years old A6 creaks from the rear also. Annoyingly, it intensify during winter or it hardly hearable during the rest of the year.

According to my mechanic, nothing worrying was there, when he checked it more than a year ago.
Worth checking it ip now, I think.

After 300 miles I wouldn’t expect any annoying sounds from the car.
Could be low temperature playing on us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

300 miles in and the rear suspension is creaking, anybody else have this highly annoying issue?

Is the the cold?

Yup, had it, and nope not the cold, normally a badly fitted/loose bump stop.

Check for this:

y4mM4QWHSVl-zXxRskRrkwU2d0IakPS12YfXzUJJry0obgxqg38qaLyXfiAWzRP5ZPnM-rXHwfFk781qalamy_eJtSV6pliqyOOAfyFgT8L6Iq9MJDGIwjhObdBGz-f1H0092I6GpoU8P_OGiMcNr3oPLVKuMD5_bJX8qgktrHPVcKIoyLnWoeq3DVIzzo7X7X-o3890FkcIJkoSuPBUrVBeQ

Ah I see, its just that mine were rattling and creaking away like mad yesterday morning when we had our usual dusting of snow and ice that southerners down here can't seem to drive in.
I wouldn't accept creaking suspension at all...

Yup, had it, and nope not the cold, normally a badly fitted/loose bump stop.

Check for this:

y4mM4QWHSVl-zXxRskRrkwU2d0IakPS12YfXzUJJry0obgxqg38qaLyXfiAWzRP5ZPnM-rXHwfFk781qalamy_eJtSV6pliqyOOAfyFgT8L6Iq9MJDGIwjhObdBGz-f1H0092I6GpoU8P_OGiMcNr3oPLVKuMD5_bJX8qgktrHPVcKIoyLnWoeq3DVIzzo7X7X-o3890FkcIJkoSuPBUrVBeQ

Just checked and the drivers side one doesn't seem to be seated properly compared to the passenger side.

Just checked and the drivers side one doesn't seem to be seated properly compared to the passenger side.

Yeah just take it back to Audi, it’s a known issue, they’ll lube it up and shove it in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RaZ A4
There is a TSB for creaking caused by something under the fuel filler cap , ill try to find it. I coukd be this

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

my car also looked like that with the bump stop out of place when i collected it and was searching for the noise

the noise has recently returned, must be the cold weather will spray the door seals again see if it cure things

Am having same sort of issue sounds like is coming from passenger side rear door like a creaking door sound (struts were replaced by Audi ) its not to loud just annoying at low speeds.
Cant replicate it when cars jacked up or stopped either any ideas anyone
:readit:

SONAX GummiPflege 04991000 Rubber Treatment Stick might be best...

Reactions: Marky007
I had a similar issue when my car was delivered - surprised that it was not picked up on PDI or the delivery driver. I asked for a quick drive before I accepted that car and the knocking noise at the rear was immediately apparent - I therefore rejected the car.

It was the rear bump-stops which needed re-seating - and I had the car back the next day.

I had a similar issue when my car was delivered - surprised that it was not picked up on PDI or the delivery driver. I asked for a quick drive before I accepted that car and the knocking noise at the rear was immediately apparent - I therefore rejected the car.

It was the rear bump-stops which needed re-seating - and I had the car back the next day.
Was trying to look at bump stops but the black protector that covers suspension unit is in the way.
Is there a way to remove it

When car is fully loaded it makes a loud creaking over bumps too which is much more apparent awful noise.

Last edited:
Was trying to look at bump stops but the black protector that covers suspension unit is in the way.
Is there a way to remove it

When car is fully loaded it makes a loud creaking over bumps too which is much more apparent awful noise.

To be honest I did not investigate - it was a brand new car being delivered so I simply sent them back and asked them to sort it out. I would expect however that the car needs to be on a ramp, with load removed from the wheels, in order that the bump stop and be seated correctly.

Been out today took wheel off rear passenger side wd40 all bushes plus anything that moves and then door rubbers noise has disappeared for now.

Not sure for how long on the right track though . . . . .

Now theres a less noticeable noise inside passenger door (I think) looked online and says to tighten up all screws on door card they were only hand tight but noise still there. :welcoming:

That's enough for 1 day . . . :icon thumright:

Last edited:
Be interested to see what happens with these noises. I get similar when my car is in gear going over bumps but if car not in gear, don't get the creaking noise. Assumed something to do with the suspension?