creaking on the ol' S3

thegoal007

Another S3 owner....
Reaction score
Ever since I had the haldex controller replaced I have noticed a creaking sound when driving on uneven (and shallow potholes) surfaces. It doesn't happen when going over those sleeping policemen (I mean the road humps!). I believe this is probably coming from the ARB (or bushes?). I cant quite tell where the noise is coming from. Need to take it in to the garage.
When the controller is replaced does the ARB have to be touched ? Or is this a pure coincidence with timing because it definitely started just after the previous work was done. Car is not taken out much and I didn't really worry too much about it as it is not doing it all the time, but it is now getting a bit annoying.

Anyone else have or had anything similar ?

Is it coming from the back?
And have you ever had your rear tie arms changed? Apparently thry can creak and this leads to them breaking!

You could try wd40 on a suspect bush take it for a drive and see if it still creaks. If not that one try another. Process of elimination, might work has done for me in the past

Yes 007 I happen to be suffering from this type of problem as well. Generally it's only at slow speeds, and it's bugging me! My noise is coming from the front end and the funny creaking now increases when I brake. I wonder what it could be?