Help Please Creaking/Knocking Sound

pavarley

Reaction score
My A4 has recently developed a creaking, almost knocking noise coming from the drivers side B-pillar area, towards the lower end (Seatbelt pillar) - More noticeable on braking & lower speeds & after driving for some time, it has slowly gotten worse over the last few months. I have taken off the trim, and everything seems secure .

I originally took it into the garage to look at, but as the sound is only apparent when it has been driven for a little while they couldn't diagnose it.

Any ideas?

I can try and take a video or record the noise if that helps.

My A4 has recently developed a creaking, almost knocking noise coming from the drivers side B-pillar area, towards the lower end (Seatbelt pillar) - More noticeable on braking & lower speeds & after driving for some time, it has slowly gotten worse over the last few months. I have taken off the trim, and everything seems secure .

I originally took it into the garage to look at, but as the sound is only apparent when it has been driven for a little while they couldn't diagnose it.

Any ideas?

I think it might be a good idea to take a video with the sound on it, someone may recognise it and be able to offer advice. Are you sure it's coming from the area you say and not suspension which may be creaking? Good luck in sorting it.

I think it might be a good idea to take a video with the sound on it, someone may recognise it and be able to offer advice. Are you sure it's coming from the area you say and not suspension which may be creaking? Good luck in sorting it.

Managed to capture some of it on video! Video here

I don't think it;s the suspension, sounds like its coming from the pillar area, down near the bottom.

I sometimes get a similar noise from near the drivers door. On some cars the rubber door seals creak as the car body flexes. You could try spraying a little silicone grease or wd40 on a cloth and wipe round the door rubber.
I haven’t yet tried this but it’s on my list of jobs todo!

Reactions: Eldeano2
I sometimes get a similar noise from near the drivers door. On some cars the rubber door seals creak as the car body flexes. You could try spraying a little silicone grease or wd40 on a cloth and wipe round the door rubber.
I haven’t yet tried this but it’s on my list of jobs todo!

It sounds more like metal on metal creaking, perhaps a loose bracket somewhere (No idea, not very mechanically minded) Will certainly give your suggestion a go though, thanks!

Reactions: Eldeano2

Any ideas?

Suffering same issue , please reply me if you found something. Also give me plz fresh link on video

Is this the rear of the front suspension, or the front of the rear suspension?

Is this the rear of the front suspension, or the front of the rear suspension?
I changed these ones you need to check there the right size ball joint the creaking stopped straight away

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220822-104618_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220822-104618_Chrome.jpg
    409.9 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: scoobyra