Creaking doors...

quattrogone

Quattro Back!
Reaction score
As per title is it a b8 thing or just the dynamik?
It's starting to annoy me lol!

I was told it was something to do with the door rubbers so I bought this expensive spray that was recommended by Audi but funnily enough it doesn't seem to make much difference

Ah, you mean creaking whilst driving? My Jag did this and it was very irritating. Tried all sorts from gummi pflege rubber care to silicone lube and also putting some packing in behind the seals to create a tighter fit, but it always came back.

I think I had best success by simply cleaning the rubber seals very thoroughly. Couldn't believe how much dirt would keep coming off.

Ahh yeah I should have said that it's when I'm driving not open/closing the door!

I get this almost every year, the stuff Audi tried to sell me was £40 for ~25ml or something silly. All I do once or twice a year is clean the rubber seals with car soap and grease them with a silicon paste. Solves the problem for long enough I don't mind doing it a couple of times a year. Another perk of doing this is the doors don't stick over winter:icon thumright:

Thanks for the replies, I'll give the silicone paste a go. On to ebay then...