Crashed Audi Loan Car

Called my insurance company and they couldn't care less. Asked if it was the car that they insure, I said no and she replied with "well that's good then, just declare the accident at renewal" :) NCD is not affected!

Some better pics of the damage:
16812e1d6a5e875919f2d8873986b38e.jpg
90ac6c8eba36315cfaa130aa588cfb3f.jpg
Them dents will be easily sucked out superficial damage kid

Reactions: Mark_86, The Kendragon and Audi Bairn
Them dents will be easily sucked out superficial damage kid

It'll be back on the forecourt next week for top dollar with no mention of the accident :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Mark_86, The Kendragon, AudiNutta and 2 others
How did it end up with damaged electrics and stones in the radiator? You got hit side on?
The electrics on the left hand side were killed after being hit on that side. The wing mirror (folding and mirror movement) was doing its own thing and both side windows were moving up and down on their own. On the central reservation there were stones in amongst the grass and the van pulling into it in front of me kicked rocks up and into the grill/radiator (at 50mph+) :(

The electrics on the left hand side were killed after being hit on that side. The wing mirror (folding and mirror movement) was doing its own thing and both side windows were moving up and down on their own. On the central reservation there were stones in amongst the grass and the van pulling into it in front of me kicked rocks up and into the grill/radiator (at 50mph+) :(

Oh dear, that doesn't just sound like a blown fuse! I can see Audi just handing it to the insurance company and not having it back... seems worthy of a Cat D.

Reactions: The Kendragon
Oh dear, that doesn't just sound like a blown fuse! I can see Audi just handing it to the insurance company and not having it back... seems worthy of a Cat D.
I think you're right, it's definitely more serious than a fuse or paint job :( Luckily not my car! Audi are trying to do it through their own body shop with no labour and no profit on the parts to keep repair costs down. Bath Audi really don't want it written off (ooops!) :flushed:

Reactions: AudiNutta
How did all end up?
I called Bath Audi and they arranged recovery for the car. On arrival at the showroom they asked me to cover a £2500 excess (as I was a young driver) which I didn’t have in my bank account. I explained this and they let me pay a £250 excess instead as the accident wasn’t my fault and I eventually got that money back as the third party covered all costs. The police issued a warning to the driver and asked him to attend a driver training day at his own cost, he failed to attend so it went to court and he was charged with driving without due care and attention. A warrant was put out for his arrest and I haven’t heard anything else... He was foreign so I’ve got a feeling he may have fled back home. Audi repaired the car and it was eventually sold and I got £3000 for injuries caused by the accident. I couldn’t afford to insure my A3 after this as my quotes went to over £10,000 per annum (even though it was non-fault) which is why I’m now driving a Peugeot. Pretty crazy really!

Reactions: AdamInKent and KenL
The excess thing is normal,

my car got hit and i had to pay my excess, then when it all works out and fault is decided you either get

£0 back if you are at fault
50% back if deemed 50/50
100% if deemed not at fault.

current waiting to see what happens to my excess £695, i’m hoping for it all back but only time will tell.

Reactions: AdamInKent
The excess thing is normal,

my car got hit and i had to pay my excess, then when it all works out and fault is decided you either get

£0 back if you are at fault
50% back if deemed 50/50
100% if deemed not at fault.

current waiting to see what happens to my excess £695, i’m hoping for it all back but only time will tell.

Unfortunately, if you are involved in an accident, even if you are deemed not at fault and your NCD is unaffected, insurance companies still sting you by loading your premium and charging more for the next few years.

Unfortunately, if you are involved in an accident, even if you are deemed not at fault and your NCD is unaffected, insurance companies still sting you by loading your premium and charging more for the next few years.
Yeah i know even if deemed not at fault its still a claim and they even take a percentage of your no claims off.

last time i got 3 years NCB taken off

I would try putting a claim in for the difference in amount you have had to pay to insure your car now as this is costing you big time and wasn't your fault.
Get advice from a solicitor .
I don't know if anyone has ever tried this or if you would be able to claim compensation for loss etc especially as you had to change the car .
Good Luck.