Crash Sensor Help

roman3000

Reaction score
Hi, i need a new crash sensor and i found one on ebay but my part number is:
8E0 959 651 B

The one on ebay is:
8E0 959 651

I presume the B on the end is important, does anyone know if i need the exact same one or will another one be ok, maybe one of the newer ones will work.

Any help would be great.
Thanks.
Photo466
Photo466
Photo466

It looks as though there has always been a reference A or B on the end. I can't find one without a suffix letter.

I should contact the seller and get them to check if there is a suffix letter at the end.

How much do they want ? Audi price is about £75

makesure u check the last letters or it will not work. i did one on an old car the part numbers were exactly the same but it still didnt fit. when VagCom'd there was 28 different variations of the part with the same number! u had to match the one with the correct letter, even though there was no letter on the parts themselves.

I emailed the seller, he said there was no letter on the end. Looks like ill probably be going to audi, £75 though, OUCH!

thats cheap, on a vw polo they were £108 each and 2 of them needed changing!

I would be surprised if the suffix matters.

After all "8E0" isn't even a 8P specific part, it's a B6 A4 Part code.

The part number in ETKA for a 2005 A3 is 8E0 959 610 A or B and the price is the same. Can't guarantee exact price but it's around £75.

You would need to ring Audi to check but the price listing in ETKA shows the quantity as 2 so it's possible that the price quoted is for both of them !

Thanks for the replies guys, called audi and price is £83.29
Going to see if i can get it cheaper anywhere else before i order, shame they are all so different because there's a few on ebay.

Managed to get one of Stoke Audi for £75 delivered.
They first said £83 like all the others but i asked if that's the best price, so they had a look and i got a little discount, really good place to get parts if buying from dealer. Dont ask get ey?

Stoke Audi are sponsors of this forum and give forum members 10% discount.

For future reference the guy to speak to is Dave and if you give him your VIN/chassis number he also ensures that you have the correct part !

Oh i didn't know forum members get a discount, will remember that.
Thanks.