crank pulley

Can I inquire as to why? just curious :)

I have a pulley in the boot of my S3 I could measure but its at home atm... can look tonight if you don't get an answer..

<tuffty/>

Not for tightening the crank bolt I hope... keyway is too weak for that...

<tuffty/>

It looks to be 45mm from centre to centre do the bolt holes. It's a bit difficult to measure on the crank gear with a tape, so might need a someone to confirm.

It will be dowelled aswell....I was going wedge some nylon in the against the crank, when I was tightening it also. What's the correct method for tightening it, thought that was why they sold all those crank holding tools??

Wedging nylon on the crank and a tool on the flywheel normally...

Crank bolt is 80ftlbs and there maybe a + 90 degrees in there as well.... need to look this up later for myself but I certainly wouldn't be trying to hold the crank by the front pulley if I had access to other means

<tuffty/>

I need to know this and what to tighten it to.

What is meant by nylon on the crank??

Wedge a bit of wood or nylon between the crank/bigend and the inside of the block to stop it rotating while torquing the crank bolt... best with two peeps tbh... one standing on the engine stand while you do it...

<tuffty/>

and dont forget the loctite :)

my manual says, 90nm + 1/4 turn (90deg) So thats about 67ftlb + 1/4 turn

ARP bolt will be different torque though

Last edited:
and dont forget the loctite :)

my manual says, 90nm + 1/4 turn (90deg) So thats about 67ftlb + 1/4 turn

ARP bolt will be different torque though

For the ARP flywheel bolts I used loctite on the thread and arp lube under the head of the bolt and then torqued them to 60lbs/ft and then to 80lbs/ft but I also double doweled my crank to flywheel to stop them from moving, you can also use shim from IE that grips the flywheel and crank to stop any movement.