cracked windscreen help pls?

t3zza36

Reaction score
hi all, i have audi a3 3.2 v6, was driving in snow last week when something very hard hit windscreen and smashed a round hole just the first pain, i have full protected ncb but i am under the impression that a windscreen claim still counts can anyone advise? also which company is best to use in cov area?
thnx

call auto glass,and get a quote if you don't want to go through insurance

hi all, i have audi a3 3.2 v6, was driving in snow last week when something very hard hit windscreen and smashed a round hole just the first pain, i have full protected ncb but i am under the impression that a windscreen claim still counts can anyone advise? also which company is best to use in cov area?
thnx

Windscreen repair will be at your windscreen excess.

It wont effect you NCB, provided it is protected.

Marcus

to my understanding, the glass cover is like a subsection to the insurance with its own excess....doesnt affect "main" insurance

i have had several windscreen/drivers door window replacements in my time and never heard of it affecting the normal insurance side of things......even to the point where my insurance premium has still decreased the year after claiming for glass.

to my understanding, the glass cover is like a subsection to the insurance with its own excess....doesnt affect "main" insurance

i have had several windscreen/drivers door window replacements in my time and never heard of it affecting the normal insurance side of things......even to the point where my insurance premium has still decreased the year after claiming for glass.

Correct, on chips / repair work

Replacement is a different ball game with different insurers, just call to check. Im sat at work now taking calls all day about car insurance - most open til 9pm. Good luck.

Marcus

had the same thing a month ago with my 8l. go trough you insurer.it wont afect your ncb or next years premium.You only have to pay windscreen exess which is usualy £75. (in my case) i got mine done by national windscreen btw.and if u decide to go on your own (not trough insurance company) expect about £180-£200 for a 8p.. 8l is a bit less.

ok thnx for replys guys, i will lokk at how much my excess is, any other views on screen companies iv been reading some bad reviews about autoglass.
dja are u saying that replacement does affect insurance?

ok thnx for replys guys, i will lokk at how much my excess is, any other views on screen companies iv been reading some bad reviews about autoglass.
dja are u saying that replacement does affect insurance?

Depends on the company bud.

The one I work for it does, my own car policy it dosent. Best to check

just phone your insurance company, different insurance companies do different things, mine do the windscreen cover as a standalone policy, so doesnt affect ncb etc

Most policys wont be effected by windscreen claims. Check with your insurer though. Also most insurers have there own deals set up with windscreen companies so you dont always get a choice of who you want.

Some insurance companies ask if you've had a replacement windscreen in the last 3years. Just renewed my insurance and i couldn't believe it when some of them asked.

Got my windscreen replaced last year on insurance. £75 Excess, no effect on my NCB at all.
This was through Aviva

just rang insurance company and looks like im not gonna do well lol they got a deal with nationwide motor glass and they will pay anything after 700 lol, looks like im buying new screen myself lol

anyone got any price ideas for new windscreen for a3 3.2 v6? and who best windscreen company?

get yourself the auto lights and rain sensor windscreen since you are changing over....

Ash.Net: Interior Make Over - Part 2

its a great upgrade!

When i was doing mine i had a quote from a company for that windscreen for about £180... but i cant remember who the company was now.
I ended up going through the insurance and paid the £75 excess on my glass cover.

hi jus thought id let u all know i just had a quote of £160 for them to come out and replace. a full review of company will follow on this thread, they coming out mon. thnx for all input