Cracked Flywheel!

A3DOL

Reaction score
Hi All,

On the very same day my mate bought his 05 1.9 TDi the engine made an awful sound and stopped. AA came out and towed to Audi Stafford.

They had a look yesterday and they have said the flywheel has cracked so here is a few questions for you....

1. The car has full Audi service history but has done 96k. Should they warrant it under good will?

2. My mate looked at this

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/searches/search.asp

(page 2) and found that his vin number correlates with the list so this is a known fault. Now should Audi foot the whole bill or again just some of it on good will?

3. Any chance its shagged the engine?

Thanks

Gav

cant answer your other questions, but its unlikely to have shagged the engine, it might need a new clutch at the same time though.

If its a known fault, and the car has full audi history and he bought from a dealer then I'd have thought they would cover the cost, if it wasnt bought from a dealer it might be more difficult.

If you don't get any joy with the dealer, its worth contacting Audi HQ stating the facts above, they may offer a gesture too (and not just a rude one)

on my 04 2.0 tdi i think there was a recall to do something to the flywheel

maybe yours was a recall but it had been missed perhaps. the guy at stafford audi service went though my whole history with me to show me what its had done before it was in my hands.